Barely Sleeping | Chpt 49

Hey people

I think I'm going to post the first chapter of Denki x aizawa's daughter reader on Sunday. I posted about it on my profile.

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

"You know we have provisional licenses coming up," I said, seating myself in Kacchan's desk chair. I had my homework in my lap, though my leg was nervously bouncing up and down. We had finished another training exercise to prepare for the provisional license exam, but we still had a ways to go before they actually happened. 

"Yeah, so?"

"You want to study something for it?"

"We were just working on it 10 minutes ago in class," he said.

"Yeah, I guess," I replied. "English?"

"We don't have any homework for that class today? Why so distracted?" he asked.

"No reason, I'm just a little jumbled today is all," I muttered. 

"Let's do the art history," he said, staring at my strangely. I hadn't been able to focus all day on account of my mother. I still had Thursday and Friday before I could go see her and figure out what the heck had happened and that was all I was really focused on. For the time being, Kacchan was a second thought in my mind, not that he was any less important. I tugged my stuff out of my folder. "Hey."

"Hmm?" I hummed glancing up at him.

"What's up? Really." I stared at him for a second before shaking my head.

"Seriously, I just didn't sleep good," I replied, fiddling with the edge of my paper. I didn't want to tell Kacchan about my mother just yet. I wanted to see her first and figure out what had been happening and I certainly didn't want to overstep my boundaries here. We had only just begun to change things and depending on just how serious this issue was with my mother, I didn't want to drop it on Kacchan. I knew it was stupid to keep things from him, but I wasn't too sure. Maybe that was my issue, I was too nervous about everything and always second guessing. 

"Alright." He didn't press any further and for that I was grateful. I was also supremely nervous, sitting with my secret about Kirishima while he sat none the wiser. We were both sat across the room from one another, my legs tucked up on the chair and him laid comfortably in his bed. I felt a cool chill run down my spine and I glanced up at Kacchan. He wasn't looking at me for the moment so that wasn't it. It was happening again, did that mean something else was happening with my mother that I didn't know about? I glanced around again, seeing nothing but feeling the creeping tingle up my back. I shivered it away, staring hard at my paper. "Are you fucking cold or something?"

"What?"

"Are you cold?" he reiterated, having noticed my shiver now. 

"A little," I replied and he pat the spot on the bed beside him, standing up. I awkwardly dawdled over there before seating myself. Watching as he pulled a sweatshirt out from his closet, I shivered again. He tossed it at me and I caught it. I slipped it on with a soft thank you as he sat beside me again. He was warm as usual and I eventually felt the cold aspect go away, but still felt soft trembles run up my spine every once in a while.

"Are you stupid? That's clearly not the right artist," he scoffed, reaching over and erasing my answer.

"No, it was him! You're wrong," I replied, blocking his pencil eraser. I hit his wrist with my pencil and he glared at me. 

"Do we really have to get the textbook out?"

"I swear it's B," I said and he shook his head, reaching down to the floor where his textbook sat. He flipped open the page to his artist, scanning down the page before letting out a soft 'tch'. He shoved the book in my direction, placing his finger on the painting the question was asking about.