Matchmaker | Chpt 89

I know it's a lot of Joue and Aizawa content recently but you guys seem to like it? So

You've been fed

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

"And you need me to..."

"Come with me!" I said. Aizawa-sensei sighed before shutting his classroom door.

"For what?"

"Well I think since you've been a part of a lot since I came here," I said, "you should talk to Joue about me."

"With you in the room?" He asked, locking up the door and I nodded. He hummed skeptically, following me down the hallway.

"Just as a baseline kind of thing," I rambled and he just nodded towards me, placing his hands in his pockets. "Plus, I feel like she won't tell me what's up with Chouka without someone else there. Specifically an adult."

"Understood."

"Internships are soon, right Aizawa-sensei?"

"Yes, you'll be putting your name towards agencies and they'll pick out the students they want," he said.

"What about Kacchan and Todoroki?"

"They'll still be chosen for internships, but not as free range as yours," he replied. I remembered Kacchan coming back with tamed hair and the tightest jeans I had ever seen on him. That was beyond funny and I'd love to see it again. "You can choose to stay with who you have or change."

I had previously worked with the hero Manual, though I had found that I had gotten everything I could out of him. He was unable to produce water like I could, so he only worked with me on control. I was hoping to receive internship with a higher up hero, specifically Wash. He was number 8, near my mother's previous ranking. He could hopefully teach me some things about producing the water like he could, minus the soap bubbles, with sheer force. That and while I was fluid and my quirk was useful, there was still the fact that I was far from indestructible. Wash was a big guy and could really survive well in a physical altercation. It was something Uraraka had learned with Gunhead, and something I wanted to learn myself.

"Thank you." I hadn't realized I was holding the door open to the office for Aizawa, lost in thought.

"Oh, you're welcome," I responded. The woman at the desk gestured me to head back already, and I followed the length of the wall down. I knocked once on Joue's door before peering in. The wall was covered so I opened the door fully.

"Hi Joue! I just thought today you should talk to Aizawa-sensei about some stuff going on with me, since he's my teacher and all," I said, stepping aside. Her eyebrows dipped hard, her gaze still trained on me before glancing over towards the doorway.

"Joue, good to see you again," he said, nodding once.

"You—" she stopped and cleared her throat, her voice stuck there. "You too."

"Cool! Wait what happened to your eye?" I asked, distracted from orchestrating the interaction.

"Punch. Work," she said, waving her hand at me idly. She didn't want to break her gaze from Aizawa for the moment, which I supposed was fair.

"Okay Aizawa-sensei you should pick a bean bag."

"Bean bags," he said, glancing at the floor.

"Yeah they're..." I turned to Joue who was just pressed uncomfortably upright in her chair. It appeared to me as though she was struggling with the fact he was in her office right now. She was watching him like she was afraid of the fact he was in here, which was entirely possible.