I Love You | Chpt 119

Hello there

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

"So you're attending a Hero Gala then?" Aki asked, handing me a sheet of paper for the meeting we would be sitting in on.

"Yeah, we're supposed to attend a couple each year to get a feel for what its like in real life," I said. "We're all going tomorrow night."

"That sounds like so much fun." I glanced over at Shoji across the room. He was listening to Wash speak about a few things and I glanced at Aki, who was peering over the conference table.

"You should come Aki."

"Hah? I'm not a hero."

"So? We're allowed to invite people."

"Really?"

"Yeah," I replied. "I mean...you should really go with Shoji."

"...you think?" she asked, looking his direction. Shoji diverted his attention for a moment towards us, or rather just Aki, and I watched the mouth on his hand curl slightly before he tucked it behind his back.

"Yeah, I think you two could have fun. I'll tell the office to let you in the school and you can come get ready with me and the girls. I might have a dress that you could wear," I stated. "I mean if you don't have one."

"I think I can find one, thank you though. I'd love to attend."

"Shoji!" I called, waving him over. He glanced over, hesitant and almost embarrassed, before he made his way over. "I was just telling Aki that she should come to the Gala tomorrow. You can show her around and stuff. Take her to the Gala."

"Yeah, would you? If you don't mind," Aki said, smiling at him. Shoji cleared his throat, nodding.

"Of course, if you want to."

"This'll be fun!" she stated. Shoji sat down next to her and they began talking. She mentioned something about cameras and him being comfortable with it. By the nature of their conversation, it was clear that they talked frequently and were good friends. So much so, that I believed Aki knew exactly what was behind Shoji's mask. I smiled, turning towards the door as the last person entered to begin the meeting. Later, after a little training, I headed for the Bakugo's. Whenever I was out, I had made it a point to stop and chat with my mother.

"Hey Ai!" I said, greeting her as I walked in.

"Hey (y/n), oh! I've got something to ask of you," she said.

"Jeez, what?" I asked.

"When you're on TV for this Gala thing, can you shout me out? I want hot men to know I'm available and come from a family of heroes," she said.

"You're really the worst, you know that right?"

"So sue me! I'm waiting on you to call that detective to set me up. What am I your aunt for?" she asked. I shook my head. "You love me."

"Maybe."

"Well, if you loved me then you'd set me up with him."

"Alright, alright, I'll call detective Tsukauchi. He might have a wife though."

"Details."

"Ai."

"What?"

"No homewrecker behavior."

"You're one to talk," she shot back.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"I seem to recall kissing 2 boys you weren't supposed to," Ai pointed out and I clenched my jaw, letting out a sigh.