I'll Always Help you | Chpt 45

Hiya

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

I held my breath, hearing Kirishima greet Kacchan. Kacchan made no effort to come in, which made me suspect that he indeed knew I was hiding there behind the door. I peered out the crack to see him stood in the hall way, or see the little sliver of him I could.

"What's up bro?" Kirishima asked and my eyes darted to his fingers curling around the edge of the door.

"Have you seen slip n slide?" Was he seriously calling me that? After what he said. What kind of slap in the face was that?

"Nope, sorry dude! Why are you looking for her?" Kirishima asked, respecting my wish to remain unseen. I nearly leapt back when I saw Kacchan look right at the door, feeling like he could see right through it. He had to know I was here.

"Just...if you see her. Tell her Mina's looking for her--" I winced, knowing that Mina was soon beat my ass if she knew what Kirishima and I had done or talked about. But that also meant Kacchan had talked to Mina and been at my room. So he was looking for me? Why? Did he really want to talk to me that bad? "and that...that I'm an idiot. I want to talk to her, really talk, and give her a little peace of mind."

I couldn't help but feel as though Kacchan were talking directly to me now. He knew fully well that I was there and listening, but it seemed he didn't want to pressure me into talking now. He was establishing boundaries for me.

"Tell her I'm looking for her and I really want to talk to her. As soon as possible."

"Alright man...I will," Kirishima replied.

"Night."

The door was shut and I walked from my hiding spot, placing a hand to my chest. I couldn't believe Kacchan had gone on some hunt to find me, only to recognize I was still mad and didn't want to talk...and respected it. He was clearly thinking of me, and though I could tell by the look on his face that he was troubled he was solely concerned with my peace of mind. Having heard I couldn't sleep, he wanted to make sure I was okay. And he had called himself an idiot. He took the blame.

"(y/n) you alright?"

"Uh...yeah, I'm fine," I said, glancing up at Kirishima. All the signs in the world pointed towards me never speaking to Kacchan ever again. I should've never given him the time of day since the beginning. And yet...now hearing him and feeling him say those things was a bigger sign that crushed all the rest of them.

I was still mad and I was still hurt, but I was willing to let him make it up to me. Let him explain if he wanted to. It certainly wouldn't be easy for him, that was for sure.

"You sure? You should probably head back and talk to Mina," he said, tugging at the back of his neck.

"Yes, yes, of course," I said. I wrapped my arms around Kirishima for a split second before letting myself out. "Thank you Ei, you're great."

"I try," he replied and I dashed down the hall. As I entered my own dorm room a flash of lightning flared, revealing Mina's figure standing there in the dark. I jumped as she flickered on the lamp.

"And exactly where were you?"

"Kirishima's...that's not important. What's important is I think Kacchan is trying to fix the problem and I'm going to let him!" I said. Instead of seeing her smile, she immediately frowned.

"You're sure?"

"Yes, yes, it's obviously not going to be easy for him, but yes. I have a feeling he knew I was there when he asked Kirishima where I was," I replied.