Want to Know | Chpt 113

Hello there. I'm back!

I was at my wife's b day party sorry it's so late!!!

I AM SO HAPPY WE'VE REACHED 500k READS! HALF A MIL BABY!

PLEASE let me know what you guys want to see from me! I can make a side story of your choosing, make a Bakugo one shot, anything you guys want!! Suggest and I'll pick some things to come out soon for 500k and eventually Bakugo's birthday 🥳

I'm so thankful for every last one of you that follows me here and elsewhere. You guys are truly one of the most amazing things in my life!

Enjoy~

Your Mother's POV (someone asked for a mom POV I'm not sure who but I hope this works!!)

"Be safe!" I said, sending Katsuki and my daughter on her way. Mitsuki was clutching her chest when she spotted them grasp hands. She shut her front door, saying something about how she was in a reorganizing mood. Ai peeked in from the kitchen, eyeing me. It was obvious she wanted to talk about something.

She followed me up to the room we were sharing during our stay. It was rather large anyways, and she and I had stayed together when we were kids. This time it was without childish bunk beds.

"So..."

"So," I replied.

"How was the house? You haven't been there in like 8 or 9 years," Ai said.

"Its a little dusty and the plants are dead, but--"

"No Mizuko, I mean after Yoru," Ai said. We had conversed for a long while after (y/n) left a few weeks ago. After I had explained her father's abusive tendencies, Ai wanted to chat about my discrepancy with her.

"I know it's probably bad to say, but I'm glad I didn't have to live in that house for very long," I said, seating myself on my bed. Ai picked up the mail I had brought back with me. She made her way to get the mail every day or so, but since I was already there I had picked it up.

"Why is it bad?"

"Because I know how hard it was for (y/n)."

"Oh..."

"I've been meaning to thank you again for all you've done," I said. Ai glanced around at me, her face softening. "I don't know what to...do to make it up. I can't ever get back the time away from (y/n)."

"Well...I mean that's hard enough. I doubt what I did was more difficult," Ai said, shaking her head. The guilt I would die with was immense, leaving (y/n) in her youth to essentially fend for herself. After all I had kept from her.

I was the worst mother.

And yet she was ecstatic I was back, and so I had to play the part. I would be an even worse person if I put any more on (y/n)'s shoulders. I was just glad (y/n) wanted me around and wanted me to be in her life now that I was back home.

"She's a good kid," Ai replied. "She's not done growing either, you can still do a lot. You've done a lot already."

"I know, thank you," I agreed. Ai smiled at me.

"But the house."

"Yes, the house," I replied. "I suppose it's not all that...great of a place. Being there reminded me so much of Yoru. They really never found him? No body or trace?"

"Nope."

"Need anything?"

"No, thank you," I said, accepting Yoru's outstretched hand. "Going into work?"