Tired | Chpt 64

Hello, no y/n or Bakugo today

Enjoy~

Deku's POV

~Days prior~

"Ah, Midoriya, could you step in to my office please?" I glanced over at principal Nezu with a confused look, nodding anyways. He waddled into the office with me trailing behind. I had been heading back to my dorm when the principal stopped me. As I caught a glimpse of the room, I saw 2 other people seated in chairs on the guest side of Nezu's desk. Upon further inspection they were donned in police badges, though I don't believe I remembered them at all if I had met them. I only really knew of the chief...of whom Todoroki had called a mutt. "We just wanted to ask you a few questions about (y/n)'s case."

"Please have a seat young man," the taller of the 2 officers ordered, causing me to plop down in the free chair without a word. What was new about (y/n)'s case? I found it strange that she hadn't told me. Had they even informed her at this point? "I'm officer Goya and this is officer Murano."

"(y/n)'s case?"

"Yes, how do you know her?" the opposing officer questioned. I assumed they very well knew how I knew her, but I answered anyways. They, too, were asking questions right off the bat. I hadn't even gotten the chance to get my bearings of the situation yet.

"She's one of my best friends," I replied. "I met her on the playground in Kindergarten and we grew up together."

"How exactly did that come about?"

"Oh...she was defending me from my old friend Katsuki Bakugo, we call him Kacchan. He was kind of bullying me at the time."

"And how close would you say you are with (y/n)?"

"Very close, we've told each other most everything."

"Most?"

"You've got to have some boundaries don't you?" I said. I thought that was obvious, although the most I've hidden from (y/n) was my crush on Todoroki, which she now knew about. There were a few trivial things, like a few instance in which Kacchan had taken it too far. There was the infamous 'swan dive' situation that I would never tell (y/n) about, knowing she would quite literally kill Kacchan before he got a chance to explain.

Maybe she wouldn't. It appeared things were different now, and (y/n) was avoidant of confrontation with Kacchan so maybe he'd have the chance to explain. Perhaps she had totally drifted away from me...perhaps she'd choose him over me in that situation. Either way, (y/n) was not one I would lie to, unless it was to protect her. Not in any sort of way the 2 officers might have been implying.

"Would you say you dislike Bakugo?"

"No, no I don't," I replied. "We were friends once and we had a rough patch. I'd say he's opening up to me now that we've grown up. I've never felt any sort of hatred towards him, even when we were truly at odds. I've always looked up to him and (y/n)." That was true, I admired the both of them very much. (y/n) was probably a big reason why I was more hopeful that I would become a hero. Kacchan was always so hard-working and impressive and trying to beat him was certainly why my efforts as a hero-in-training were so successful.

"And you and (y/n) are dating correct?"

"What? No, of course not. I'm not interested in her and she's not interested in me," I ensured. That was for sure, I only really saw (y/n) as a friend. During some more awkward middle school years, I had become a little flustered around (y/n) because she was so close to me most of the time. She was always pretty, which didn't help. It was all shallow kinds of things, however. I never really understood why no one had really shown interest in her during middle school. Maybe they had and my being there put a damper their efforts to tell her. "My interest lies elsewhere."