ADDRESSING A FEW THINGS

An upload is coming a little later today, I just wanted to make sure this got a little traction. Sorry to fake you out a little, but I promise a chapter is coming today.

PLEASE READ THIS. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME AND SHOULD BE TO YOU.

There's 4 main things that I'd like to address with you guys as my main set of readers right now!

Number 1. I was recently accused by one of my readers that I was sexualizing minors in this particular story. It's a very small percentage that believes that I do and I doubt they are reading anymore. For those who think so, I in no way intended for it to come off that way. Knowing me, I'm very genuinely the least likely to do something of that manner. I do not approve of sexualizing minors at all and I made a statement about it in my announcements.

I IN NO WAY INTEND TO SEXUALIZE ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 18. THE ACTIONS BY THE CHARACTERS IN THIS BOOK ARE STRICTLY TEENAGE ROMANCE. SEXUAL JOKES ARE NATURAL OF ANY COMING OF AGE STORY AND I APOLOGIZE IF THAT UPSETS YOU, BUT THAT IN NO WAY MEANS THAT I INTEND TO SEXUALIZE MINORS.

This too brings up a small issue with comments. I love reading comments from you guys, it makes my day honestly and truly. It's great feedback as an author as to what I'm doing right and wrong, etc. I lately however have been seeing some crudely sexual comments. I understand that while you may find characters attractive, it's very odd and uncomfortable for me to read and have attached to my story. I'm not freaking out over a simple 'that's what she said' joke, nor am I freaking out at all. You are free to express your excitement about romantic things between characters, but I don't appreciate comments about wanting to 'get head' from a character solely because of who the character is or about how turned on people are by certain characters.

It's a very small amount of people, but it has been getting more and more frequent lately. As the author and a person, it's very awkward for me and it makes me not want to answer comments. I see EVERYONES comments.

Number 2. Obviously many of you have seen the Black Lives Matter movement take nearly the whole world by storm. It's been a long time coming. I take great pride that people are coming together around the world to fight an oppression that has been here FAR TOO LONG.

Speak up and take your position.

I as a person, as an author, and someone who has a community here on Wattpad fully support this movement. I always have supported those minorities unfairly struck down by society. If you are not a supporter and you do not believe in human rights, I ask now that you do not support me.

I will continue to try to inform and provide resources for you all to use and support the Black Lives Matter movement. If you want to follow me on Instagram caly_chameleon, I post on my story often about protesting and petitions, etc.

#BlackLivesMatter

Number 3. Going off of my support, once again I support everyone who is kind and respectful and I believe we can all be educated and equal. This goes for LGBTQ+! I haven't forgot about you! HAPPY PRIDE MONTH. It's obviously a little dampered by the situation at hand, but do not let that stop you!!

I support everyone in that community and as an ally, feel free to talk to me about any issues you might have! I'll try my best to help or be someone you can talk to. I try my hardest to stay educated about these things!!

If you felt like you couldn't ask me for a LGBTQ+ story or request because the majority of the things on my page are usually male characters and female readers, PLEASE DON'T BE AFRAID! I might not be the best person in the world for it compared to some of the amazing LGBTQ+ creators on this app and in the world, but I am open to anything!

I'm proud of you all.

Number 4. I wanted to know what your opinions are about me. Is there anything I can do better? Have I done anything wrong that I can fix for the future? Am I doing the best I can as a creator here?

Please let me know and don't be afraid to tell me what you're thinking.

That being said, anyone nonsupporting of human rights like I said earlier will not be tolerated. I understand opinions, but in my beliefs there is absolutely no opinion about justice and fairness to everyone as human beings.

~Caly