Thank You, So Sorry | Chpt 127

Hello there, this book will be ending on chapter 130!

Please check out my Peter Parker x Reader : Sweet Pea or my Jozawa book that are coming out directly after this. I will not be doing scheduled posts, things will come out when they do! Look on my Insta for chapter update announcements. Scheduled posts stress me out and I'm shifting to an in person University finally.

This is the last kind of sad chapter, I promise.

(y/n)'s POV

Visit Chouka was weird.

She was being discharged, on account of her ailments being cured. She was going to stay with her parents, things working out beyond me. I didn't know why I visited Chouka, but I suppose I had more reason to now that she must've experienced what I had when my father's quirk was removed. I was admitted to see her after Joue had told me she was doing much better.

When I stepped into the room, she glanced up at me. Her eyes were wide, but soft, surprised to see me of all people.

"Hi," she stated first, smiling softly.

"Hello," I replied. "I don't...mean to intrude, but I just wanted to know about what happened when things sorted out."

"Oh, of course," she said, gesturing to a chair. "I'm...sorry for all the things that happened. I'm not really clear on everything, but from what everyone has told me I feel like I should apologize."

"Thanks."

"I never meant to hurt you, or anybody," she stated.

"You didn't. It was my dad," I said. She peered at me with a great grimace. "You don't remember things?"

"I mean, I remember him approaching me and I remember some other things, but it was...kind of like I was asleep the whole time. I had no idea what I was doing really and being here, was just so hard. I didn't know really what was what or who was who. Just a few days ago, I just felt so much better. I always liked you, I didn't get why everyone here was talking about you like I hated you. It was strange, like I had just woken up."

It was obvious that she had been an early trial of my father's work, him not really perfecting things until recently. Her involvement had been really stretching the limits of his ability, which was probably why she couldn't clearly remember things. He had altered the way she thought, not taken snapshots out of her life.

"Thanks."

"What?" I asked, confused as to why she was thanking me.

"Thank you for everything, you know getting rid of him. I'm grateful now, but I am still sorry about the way things went and turned out," she said. "Is there anything else I can do for you?"

"No, thank you," I stated.

"So sorry again, and thank you...again," she said. "I should go, I'm being called."

I hadn't heard that, but her parents were indeed ready to take her home finally. I stood outside the doorway, watching her walk beside them. I felt my throat grow tight, thinking about how unfair it was that she could walk away with both parents. I turned away, heading out the other way.

Visiting Amaya was the same.

"Thank you for returning my son to me. I can't be anymore in debt to you," she said. "I'm so sorry for what was done."

Always just Thank you, but I'm so sorry.

My half brother even had a mother after all this time. For people to gain back what they had lost, while I lost so much.