Class Trip | Chpt 20

Hello!!

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

I awoke late that Friday morning, feeling quite confident that my voice would be back. I stood myself in front of the mirror, wiping the grogginess from my eyes and parted my lips.

Nothing.

I felt my heart sink into my feet and I stumbled back to my bed, sitting myself down. I placed my head in my hands for a moment, feeling all the excitement of leaving for the field trip hush out of my body, leaving me disappointed. How could it not be back yet?

"I made breakfast!" I glanced up at Ai and her face fell. "Nothing yet?"

I shook my head and she took a seat on my bed beside me.

"I've got warm tea and some waffles for you downstairs. Come eat and maybe it will come back then," she said with a smile, though I could tell she was straining it. I nodded and she left, leaving me to put on some casual clothes. Seeing as we were going to be on a bus for a majority of the morning, we weren't required to wear uniforms today and for the rest of the trip, as long as they were appropriate of course.

I knew for a fact it wouldn't come back today. It wasn't all a rush, it had to come back gradually and I couldn't make a peep. It was useless. I pulled on some sweatpants and a sweatshirt over my t-shirt and headed to the bathroom. I glanced in the mirror again.

One more time couldn't hurt. Maybe I was just afraid or I forgot how to talk or something.

"hello." I stumbled back slightly in shock. My voice was terribly hoarse and squeaky, as well as terribly hushed, but I managed to understand what I was saying. It was there. I hurried downstairs with my suitcase, ecstatic, and Ai glanced up at my sudden mood change.

"Ai!" I squeaked and she gasped, smiling.

"Ah I've missed that!! Although you do sound like a man," she said and I punched her shoulder.

"I do not." My voice squeaked at the last word. It seemed like I wasn't quite grasping the higher pitches of my speech yet. She laughed and we ate together, allowing me to talk for the first time in a week.

I headed to school extremely happy. Izuku greeted me at our usual street corner. He waved at me and I waved back. We weren't require to be in school until noon, our bus leaving around 1 in the afternoon.

"Friday!! How's it going?" He asked and I smiled.

"Pretty good, you?" I asked. He grinned, patting me on the back.

"Yes! Good to have you back!!"

"I sound a little weird," I croaked and he shrugged.

"That'll go away."

We walked and talked, though most of the conversation was still him. I had a to go cup of tea with me from Ai, and mostly had to sip on it throughout the walk. When we walked into class Mina waved at me and I pat Izuku's shoulder, heading in her direction. She had the Bakusquad with her, minus Kacchan.

"Hey!! Friday!! You know what that means?" I shrugged at her, pretending like a didn't know. "Haven't you tried talking yet?!"

"Oh that? Yeah," I whispered, taking a casual sip of my drink.

"Hey! That's mean!" She said, shoving me slightly and I smiled.

"You sound like a frog," Kaminari said and I raised an eyebrow at him.

"I wouldn't say that around Tsu," I warned and he smiled. They all chatted with me before I headed to the Dekusquad.

"Your voice is back!" Ururaka said, squeezing me round the shoulders.