Taking Steps | Chpt 46

Hello peeps

ENJOY~

(y/n)'s POV

I glanced up from my desk, not looking up too far before I saw a bottle of juice and a chocolate chip muffin placed before me. I gazed up further at Kacchan stood in front of me, or rather to the side near the corner of my desk, with his arms crossed.

"Just one?"

"What? You eat fucking 2?" he asked.

"I meant one for you stupid. Thanks for food shaming me by the way," I said and he grumbled, sitting down in the desk in front of me.

"I don't need a muffin, am I forgiven?" he asked and I raised an eyebrow.

"You joking? You think me telling you to get me a muffin is going to make up for what you said? I know I said I'd help you, but not with this. You have do some work," I said. He groaned. "Isn't easier if I'm mad at you? If I was all over you, I'd think that it was harder to do this whole letting people in thing."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," he said.

"Why so grumpy?"

"I'm always," he hissed.

"No. I mean more that usual boom boy," I said, taking a bite of my muffin. He gave me a baffled look, mixed with a little disgust at my nickname.

"Why are you cool with this?"

"With what?"

"Well you told me you liked me and you're acting so casually," he said.

"I kind of have to Kacchan. I want to help you and me pining after you isn't helping either of us. It's tough for both of us and this makes it easier," I said. "And believe it or not, I'm pretty good at keeping my feelings in check. You're not the only one."

"What do you mean?"

"How long have we known each other? I don't typically let you get to me or at least you think so. That's because you don't see it," I said and his eyebrows furrowed deeper. "I've liked you since that night we kissed Kacchan and did you have any idea?"

He looked at me blankly.

"That's what I thought." I let out a sigh, snapping the cap of my juice. "I'm not going to stop liking you and I hope you don't either, but until the time proves to be right then I'm not going to let it hold either of us back. Thank you for breakfast bitch."

I took a sip, though I could feel my throat was tight. Maybe this would be harder than I thought. I peered over the bottle at him as I set it down. He was staring at me, his bottom lip between his teeth.

"You're starting to look like me you know," I said, tapping a finger under his chin so he would keep from breaking skin under his bite.

"I'm finding it hard not to kiss you right now."

"What?!" I asked, choking on the next piece of muffin. I felt my face go red and my stomach erupt in a wave of nerves. Oh how I so wanted that to happen.

"Just opening up," he said and I opened my mouth to say something as Iida entered the classroom. I shut my mouth and glared at the back of his head. I was certainly going to kill him before anything else happened. What a jerk.

"Ah good morning!" Iida greeted, making his way to me and I smiled for now, knowing I was going to beat Kacchan's ass later. I made it through school without talking further with Kacchan, to his luck. I made my way after him following the bell's dismissal, punching him hard on the shoulder.

"Ow, what the fuck's wrong with you?"

"You can't say shit like you did this morning!"

"Why the fuck not?" he asked.