Feelings | Chpt 30

Y'all.

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

I yawned, opening the door to the police station. They were allowing me to look at the note one last time before it was going to be put away. It was still a pretty large concern, but until they could find something else or another occurrence happened there was nothing to be done.

The note was unreadable to even the best experts, machines, even some quirks. It made no sense and the handwriting was unmatched with anyone in the police system. No villains, no citizens, it was completely cryptic. No invisible ink or secret messages either. The chief handed me the bag after I had placed gloves on, and I took the note on one last time. I stared at it for a few seconds, turning it the other way as if that would help. It was just a bunch of scribbles. I turned it on it's side again, taking one last look before I gave up. I paused, glancing at it this way.

I held it away from my face, confused as to why this looked suddenly so familiar to me. That's when it all of a sudden clicked.

"I get it."

A few officers glanced up at me, confused as to how I of all people suddenly cracked the code. I hadn't recognized it for a while, racking the deep parts of my brain. I could remember pieces of a language I made up when I was young. I used to keep a diary I eventually lost, and even though there wasn't anything important or secret in there, I had made my own scribble letters to keep from anyone else reading them. How in the world did this person know some gibberish I made up as a kid?

"What is it?" The chief asked, tearing a piece of paper for me to decode it.

"When I was a kid, I made up a secret language so no one would read my diary. I thought it was a cool secret agent, hero type thing," I said. "I think it says 'Nice to see you again' at least from what I remember."

The chief scribbled it down, and I traced over the scribbles. "That's an o and that's a y," I said. "Yeah, that's what it says."

"Alright, thank you so much for your help, we'll continue with the investigation," the chief said and I nodded, slipping the note in the bag. It was taken away and I sat slack in the police station chair. I had zero idea of who could possibly know the language. It was impossible. It was physically impossible. "Any idea who it could be?"

"No."

"Well, considering you were the one attacked and this note is in a language you only know, it's clear the villain is targeting you," he said and I felt my stomach twist. "I'm not quite sure why this one specifically is targeting you, hopefully we can break into the case more often. You should be safe with friends and at UA, please don't go alone," he said. "Did you come here alone?"

"Yes sir," I said, softly.

"I'll set an escort for you," he said, standing up and leading me to the door. I sat silently in the back of a squad car on the ride to school. I stepped out with a sick feeling in my stomach. I headed quickly into the building, making a detour to the General Ed dorms. I glanced at the door, hoping it was the right one, and knocked. There was a shuffle and an exhausted looking Shinsou opened the door.

"Uh, hello?" He greeted. I glanced down to see he was in pajamas. "What?" Sure we had only talked once, but he was the only one I thought I could tell.

"Okay, you said I shouldn't keep the villain attack to myself, so here I am. You said you wanted to help and I don't know who else to go to, can I come in please?" I asked. He nodded solemnly, stepping aside.

"What's up?"

"Alright, I just got back from the police station. Decoded the note," I said.

"What did it say?" He asked, rubbing at his eyes.