Kirishima | Chpt 36

Hola compadres

Enjoy~

(Y/n)'s POV

That Friday night I couldn't get to sleep, tossing and turning even though I didn't hear the voice calling my name again. I sat up on Saturday morning trying to wipe away the tiredness away from my eyes and to correct the chattering of my jaw. I tugged on some warm clothes and headed down for the kitchen. It was particularly early in the morning so I didn't expect many people to be up and about. I needed to find someone who was willing to go with me to see my mom and I was thinking either Izuku or perhaps Todoroki. Todoroki has yet to meet my mom and has expressed he wanted to. Then again Mina hadn't met her either so maybe I would take Mina.

I wandered into the kitchen, tucking my cold hands in my pockets. Was Todoroki having a bad dream or sick or something? Why was it so frickin cold?

"Morning!" I glanced up at the puppy like expression on Kirishima's face. He was slightly sweaty so I assumed he had just come from working out. I glanced at the clock. Had he really been out working out that early? He had nothing but a cut tank top and gym shorts.

"Good morning...aren't you cold?" I asked and he shrugged.

"Nah! Fresh from a run so," he replied and I nodded, peeking in the cabinet for cereal. "How come you're up so early then?"

"Meh didn't sleep good," I replied and he frowned.

"That's a shame, everything alright?"

"Yeah."

"Really? Bakugo said you were hearing someone call your name last night," he said and I frowned at my bowl.

"Yeah, that was just weird," I scoffed, tugging a spoon from the drawer.

"He seemed pretty concerned, you sure it's just weird?" He asked and I glanced at him.

"If you have something to say about it, you can. You know that right?" I asked, seating myself at the table. "No need to beat around the bush."

"I'm concerned about you is all," he said, gripping at the back of his neck. He sat himself across from me at the table. There was something obvious he wasn't telling me. "I'm just worried and clearly Bakugo isn't the best at things like this."

"He does alright," I said. "He did notice I was off."

"Yeah..." his eyebrow furrowed and he glanced around as if to check if we were alone. "He's been weird lately too." I raised an eyebrow.

"...how?"

"I don't know, he's just been less...agitated you could say. He's mostly calmer than before. And he's..." Kirishima glanced at me for a moment.

"What?"

"He just seems a little too attached to you doesn't he?" Kirishima asked and I choked on my cereal. I clapped a hand over my mouth, coughing. "I'm sorry!"

"No—" I cleared my throat, trying to keep myself under wraps. "What are you talking about?"

"Well isn't it obvious? He's always around you, it's weird. I mean before he made a huge effort to be as far away from you as possible and now I don't ever see him without you around," he said and I chewed anxiously at my lip. "I don't know if it's some weird attachment thing or—"

"I don't...I don't know," I said, clearing my throat again. "We have known each other since we were kids, maybe it's just one of those natural gravitations towards someone. It wasn't uncommon to find us head to head as kids."

"Mmhmm," he replied, standing up from his chair.

"We're really not."

"I kn—"