Hospital Room | Chpt 125

Hello

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

"I don't care if visiting hours are over, you just took her off critical condition watch. Her only family is in the next room. I'm staying."

I felt strange.

I was waking up in an unfamiliar place, my body in a state it had never been before, my eyes dreary and dull. I picked up my head, my arms heavy and sedated. I looked to the pair of people arguing near the door of my room. This was a hospital room. Right, of course it was.

"Ma'am, I understand the concern--"

"I'm her counselor, her other contact is busy. I'm not going to leave her alone."

Counselor, so that was Joue. The other woman must be a nurse. The nurse looked towards me, stopping to stare as I picked my shoulders up with my head.

"What?" Joue asked, glancing behind herself. She saw that I was awake and from what I could see through my uncomfortably dry eyes, she seemed surprised. "Go get the doctor."

The nurse just dipped from the room and Joue approached my side. She pulled up a chair and sat, looking at me with soft eyes as she propped up my head with a pillow. I just stared at her, dumbfounded.

"How are you feeling sweetheart? Body hurt?" she asked.

"No, I can't feel my arms or legs," I croaked, laying my head back. Joue looked at me strangely, proceeding with great caution around me. I let out a breath, wracking my mind for what I wanted to say. I did want to say something.

At first, my mind had been complacently blank, but now as I began to fully wake up I recognized everything that had happened. For a few moments, it all replayed in my brain, my eyes no longer dry. I felt a hand on the top of my head, smoothing down my hair and I looked at Joue. I felt my throat get tight, coming to terms again with what had happened to my mother. Despite how horrible my father had been, it was like losing something all over again in the worst kind of way. That's when it occurred to me that it was just Joue and I in here.

"Kacchan--" I said, trying to sit up. Joue stopped me with a hand to my shoulder, softly exhaling.

"Woah, he's alright. He's in another room with his parents. He's just fine," Joue said, nodding to me. "You'll see him soon."

"My mom...and my dad...where's Ai?"

"Ai is resting in another room, they knocked her and Masaru out pretty bad," Joue said. "But she's fine as well."

"...Okay," I breathed. It was hard to tell what I was feeling. It didn't seem...fair to be struggling still, almost like if when I had woken up I had expected everything to just go away. I had to deal with it now.

"I know it must be overwhelming, but I'm here to help you," Joue said. "Let's just focus on getting you well."

At that statement, I took a look down at myself. My body was fully covered by a blanket except for my arms. My arms were bandaged up to my elbows in a loose gauze. I watched as my fingers wiggled gently at my brain's commands.

"What happened to my arms?"

"Bakugo gave us a whole explanation for what happened," Joue said. "So you don't have to. You had him heat you up, remember. They had to bandage some burns on your legs, arms, and sides."

"Is it bad?"

"No..." Joue said. "Well, there is no permanent damage in function. You might be stuck with discoloration."