23. *

*Harry's POV*

"You're taking good care of Norah, aren't you?" Gretchen asked with a scrutinizing look. "Because I'm not above slapping you for her."

"I'm trying," I laughed, shaking my head slightly. "She can be difficult, you know."

"Of course she can. That's what makes her such a goddamn catch."

"Language," I scolded without thinking. She pouted.

"I'm eighteen! I should be able to cuss."

"You're still thirteen to me," I grinned. "I'll never be okay with you cursing."

"Shut up."

I chuckled. "Do you have a boyfriend?"

"Yes," she beamed, her cheeks reddening a little. "He's still in bed, asleep."

"You're staying in the same hotel room?"

She slapped my arm. "Do not start with me, Harry Styles. You fucked my sister in the next room while I slept, and yes, I did hear it."

"That was a long time ago!" I reasoned with a grin. "And it's not the same. Norah and I knew each other for eighteen years before we had sex."

"I've known Nate for four."

"Really?"

"Yep."

"But how long have you been dating?"

"A year."

"Wow."

"Enough about me, where's Norah? I thought you were bringing her."

"We had a little spat this morning."

Gretchen stopped me. "So she doesn't know I'm here? That seems a little over the top, don't you think?"

"Well," I scratched my head. "I guess. She really pissed me off."

"Don't be an asshole."

"I'm not."

"Look, you can't be like that, Harry," Gretchen frowned. "Norah is a great girl, a girl that could have any man she wants. Don't forget that she chose you."

I let out a deep breath. "I know."

"So go apologize. Have her call me and we can meet for dinner or something, okay? I won't tell her about this."

I laughed and gave her one last hug. "Thanks, Gretch."

*Norah's POV*

I was sitting at my desk typing away on my laptop when Harry came back. My music was playing softly and I was so focused on the document that I jumped when his strong hands squeezed my shoulders gently.

"Princess," he hummed, his hands running up and down my arms. "I'm sorry for storming out on you."

I shifted away from him and kept typing, trying to ignore the need for him that was settled in the pit of my stomach. I always craved his touch, nearly every second of every day, so it was hard to resist him. It was almost impossible.

"Norah, look at me, baby," he pushed softly. I didn't break.

"I'm trying to work, Harry," I sighed, slapping his hand away. "Leave me alone."

"Baby."

"Don't touch me."

"Norah," he whispered as I rolled my eyes. "I have a present for you."

"I don't want your gifts," I replied stubbornly. He chuckled.

"Sure about that?"

I finally turned my head and gave him a bored look, which he took as the opportunity to push his lips on mine.