thirteen

"You're not angry with me, are you?" I mumbled, looking down at my hands as I bit my lip. Harry let out a deep breath.

"Of course not."

"I um-"

"I'm not mad, Norah," he repeated as he crossed the room towards me, his hands cupping my face and forcing me to look up at him. "Promise."

I blew out a small puff of air and his curls rustled slightly, making us both laugh as he left a small kiss to my forehead.

"So if you're not mad," I drew out with a sweet smile. "Can you help me pick out an outfit?"

"I have to leave in ten minutes, baby girl," he sighed. "But if you make it fast then I would love to."

I hopped off his bed and ran into the spare room, where the closet was stocked full of my clothes from spending so much time here over the years.

I immediately spotted a pair of never-worn leather pants and snatched them off the hanger, my hands already quivering with excitement as I thought of the multitude of outfits I could make with them.

"You're not wearing those," Harry said firmly, startling me a little as he leaned in the doorway with his arms crossed. "It's way too cold outside."

"But-"

"You asked for my opinion," he reminded me with a dimpled grin. "Trust me baby, you'll be freezing."

"Fine," I sighed dramatically, tossing the pants aside as he stood in front of the closet with me. "Then what?"

"What about..." he drawled, shuffling through the hangers slowly. "What about this?"

He held up a knee-length dress with a T-shirt top and a small space across the bellybutton, then a leather skirt for the bottom.

"It's got leather on it, you like leather."

"Shut up," I laughed as I took it from him and began to undress. Harry was silent as I slid the cool material up my bare legs, his breath hot on my shoulders as he pressed against me suddenly.

"Zip me up?" I asked quietly. He chuckled and skimmed his fingers over my exposed skin, goosebumps raising as he finally dragged the zipper up my back.

I turned to face him and he smiled proudly down at me. "You look so pretty, Norah. Really, you're adorable."

"But I'll still be cold," I pouted. "Now I have to wear tights, goddammit."

He shrugged and I pulled out of his warm grasp to put on my tights, which were surprisingly comfy thanks to a wool lining and soft material around the toes.

"What shoes?" I called to him down the hallway. He was busy putting on his socks and cleats in his room while I searched through the few pair of shoes I kept in the spare closet.

"I don't know," he laughed. "It's a fucking miracle you even liked the dress I picked."

I held up some plain black wedges. "These?"

"Yes?" he tried hopefully. I rolled my eyes but put them on anyway and slipped a thin jacket on over my outfit, my hair actually cooperating for once so I didn't have to mess with it.

"You're...I mean, you look-" he chuckled breathlessly. "You look ravishing, Norah. Seriously."

"Thank you," I smiled. "Walk me outside?"

"Of course, my lady," he grinned. He laced his fingers with mine and helped me all the way down the stairs, even out the front door and to the car of my date.