33.

PSA: I know they're planning a wedding but all the details are super boring so I left out like wedding dress shopping and décor planning, etc. Just wanted to let you guys know bc it's all still happening, I just chose to leave it out

*Norah's POV*

"Turn that shit off," Harry growled as he snatched the remote and hit the off button. "It's all crap, Nor."

"Harry," I said softly, my eyes watering a little. "Is that true? Did that security guard take those pictures of me?"

He took a deep breath and rubbed his temples, then looked at me with sad eyes. "Yeah."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I just found out this morning," he answered with a deep frown. He came to stand in front of me and cupped my face, but I wasn't having it. "Please-"

"You knew and you didn't tell me?" I gaped as I shoved his hands away. "Harry, Jude could have died! I could have died!"

"Stop fucking saying that!" He yelled, his huge hand slamming on the cold marble and his cheeks turned red with anger as I cowered back. "Don't you think I know that? Don't you think I wanted to tell you?"

I wiped furiously at my eyes. "Then why didn't you?"

"I wasn't allowed! My security team knew and I had them tell the police instead of me. I knew I wouldn't be able to resist telling you."

He dropped his hands and let out a breath, his shoulders slumping while he visibly tried to control his breathing. "Look, I just wanted to protect you. I was going to tell you tonight, I promise."

"Swear you're not lying?"

"Baby, I swear. I would never keep something like this from you."

"I-I don't know what to think."

He took my hands in his and I let it happen, which seemed to relieve him as he left soft kisses along my knuckles. "Norah, I'm sorry I didn't tell you right away. But you have to believe that I did it for you. I wanted to protect you and Jude from information that hasn't really been confirmed yet. The news makes it sound so cut and dry but it isn't. I don't want you listening to that, okay? Come to me if you have any questions, I'll tell you whatever you want to know."

I just nodded and he tilted my head up, his eyes now even more sad and desperate while he searched my face. "Tell me you understand, baby. Promise me that you'll listen to me and no one else."

"I promise," I answered quietly. "Just tell me next time you find something out."

"You'll be the first to know," he sighed into my scalp, his hands gripping my T-shirt for dear life. He pulled me tightly to his chest and hugged me, still breathing heavily for a few minutes as we stood there. "Finish up your dinner and get in bed, you'll need at much rest as you can get."

"Where are you going?" I pouted slightly as he kissed my forehead and pulled away.

He grinned. "I never got to finish my time in the jacuzzi, babe. Just yell if you need anything, yeah?"

"Yeah."

He leaned in and kissed my lips softly, then brushed his thumb along my cheek and walked away.

What was I going to do? Harry knew how worried I was about this whole thing and he deliberately withheld information from me. We were supposed to be a team, that's what he always said and I told him everything that happened in my life. But he couldn't even tell me one piece of information that was obviously important to me? I was confused to say the least.

After thinking about it for a few minutes, I felt myself getting nauseous again so I grabbed some water and the rest of my food and headed upstairs to our very large, incredibly comfortable king bed. Harry insisted on the best sheets and pillows, which I didn't argue with, and the most expensive mattress we could find. Basically I never wanted to leave that thing.

I chose to watch some old reruns of SVU but I fell asleep quickly, my head still pounding up to the very last second before I closed my eyes.

________________

"Sweetheart," Harry's voice purred, his hand shaking my shoulder very gently as he kissed under my ear. "Baby, your appointment is in an hour and a half."

"Wh-What?" I mumbled, turning over towards his voice. "How long was I asleep?"

"You were passed out when I came up here at seven, babe," he chuckled as he laid down next to me and I cuddled into his side. "You looked so beautiful and happy, I didn't want to wake you."

I grumbled something unintelligible and he laughed, his hands running through my hair as I sighed into him. "Where did you sleep?"

"In the guest room with Ernie."

"Aw," I smiled, nuzzling my head into the crook of his neck while he scooted me closer to him. "I'm sorry, baby."

"It's okay, sweetheart. You needed your rest."

After a few more minutes we got up slowly and showered together, then I dried my hair while he shaved and got dressed.

"Darling," he called as I was curling the ends of my hair and putting it into a ponytail. "You know where you're going?"

"Yes, I have the address in my phone."

"Good." He appeared behind me in a white button up and dark blue pants, a smirk on his face as I dropped my towel to put on my bra. "We can meet for lunch if you want."

"That sounds good," I smiled in the mirror at him. "There's a really good café right down the street from your friend's office."

I felt his arms wrap around my waist and his warm lips pressed to my cheek twice, then he just rested his head on my shoulder. "Baby, I love you so much."

"I love you more," I answered, kissing his curly hair lightly. "What do you think the doctor will say?"

"I think you might have the flu."

"Ew," I whined, scrunching up my nose. "I really hope I don't have the flu."

"I'll take care of you," he grinned. I shook my head and put on a pretty sundress with a light cardigan, then some wedges. The weather this time of year was usually still chilly but today was a miracle, it was sunny and warm and perfect.

"I better get going," he mumbled into the warm skin of my neck. "Call me as soon as you find out, okay? I can take off work and get you whatever you need."

"Thank you," I smiled, kissing his lips lightly. He pulled me back and kissed me harder, his head tilting a little as his tongue swiped along my bottom lip.

I pushed him away. "Har, I could be sick!"

"Mm, I don't care," he hummed with a smirk. "We could be sick together."

"I don't think so." I turned away from him and continued getting ready while he pouted, his eyes focused on mine as I finished my makeup and tied a ribbon in my ponytail.

I was happy as Harry and I walked out together and still beaming as I climbed into my new white Mercedes, courtesy of Harry on my birthday.

I had a feeling today was going to be a great day.

yee haw over 40k

I love you all more than you will ever know