thirty

*Norah's POV*

When I woke up the next morning, Harry was already sitting up on his phone, his fingers running mindlessly over my back.

"Good morning," he grinned. I could smell the toothpaste and deodorant on him.

"Hey," I yawned.

"So we didn't get to talk about much last night," he started as I got up and went into the bathroom.

"I thought you wanted a threesome!" I reasoned. He laughed a little.

"Maybe one day," he shrugged. I flipped him off. "Not now though. We have a lot to talk about, baby girl."

I looked down at the floor. "So you kissed Zayn."

I stayed silent and he let out a deep breath. "Why did you do that?"

"I wanted you to feel how I felt," I mumbled, tucking some hair behind my ear. "I was upset."

"You made me more than upset Norah," he scowled. "Do you have any idea what that did to me, to see you kiss him like that?"

"You said I was a replacement for Thalia," I pouted. I was sobered up now, so kissing Zayn seemed silly and childish but that didn't change the fact that I did it. Hurt and anger were now as clear as day across Harry's face as he nodded tensely.

"Okay. So I said some shitty things and you kissed Zayn. It seems like we have a self-destruct button, sweetheart."

His dimples appeared as he cracked a joke, lightening the mood by a million pounds and making my heart flutter in relief. Maybe he wouldn't hate me after all.

"I feel really crappy about kissing him," I said quietly. "It was childish of me and I'm sorry."

"Forgiven," he beamed, kissing my temple. "I'll still have to kick someone's ass."

"What? No!" I protested with a frown. "He didn't do anything."

He laughed. "I was talking about Steven, love."

"I don't want to talk about him."

"Oh?"

"That was the most embarrassing thing to ever happen to me," I whispered into his warm chest. "Now all the boys know."

"They don't care baby, I promise," he assured me gently. "They love you Norah and honestly, they were thinking about the same thing I was."

"What was that?"

"How we're going to kill him."

I laughed and he looked relieved, like he had been expecting me to burst into tears or something.

"Can I tell you something?" I asked against his skin. He nodded.

"I liked it."

"Liked what?"

"When you spanked me."

"I knew you would baby," he chuckled. "I wouldn't have done it if it didn't give you pleasure."

"I like it when you're all tough and mean," I continued, my cheeks getting hotter. "It turns me on."

He raised his eyebrows. "Really?"

"Ugh, yes," I groaned as he let out an adorable laugh. "Just, shut up."

"Last night has been weird, huh?" he sighed as he pulled the blanket over my naked body. "Let's see, you've become a blossoming porn star and I'm a pimp. Huh."

"You're an ass!" I shoved his shoulder and he kissed my hair softly.

"Shower?"

"Yeah. Are you coming?"

"Already took one."

After I showered, brushed my teeth and wrapped a towel around me, I went back into our room, only to find Harry changing the sheets while still in his PJ's.

"Harry," I said softly. He turned and grinned at me, his hand gesturing to a small stack of clothes he had set on the bed. I pulled on his shirt and boxers gratefully and watched as he did the same.

His strong arms wrapped around me and I leaned into him, inhaling the scent of his cologne and the chlorine from the pool. Oddly enough, it was a nice combination.

"I smell pancakes."

"Me too."

"Let's go find some grub, baby."

He left first and I sent a text to my mom, telling her that I was staying at a friend's house and I would be back soon. Technically it wasn't a lie.

Not even a minute after I had sent it, her name appeared on the screen and I groaned. "Hello?"

"Norah," she sighed. Even through the phone, I could tell she was tired. "Don't forget that you agreed to have a sister's day with Gretchen tomorrow."

"Dang it, I did forget," I muttered. "I'll be back tonight then."

"Have you been drinking?"

"What? No." Lie.

"Has Harry?"

"No, no." Lie.

"Is he there?"

"He's, er, here," I stammered. "And we're both fine. We just got up."

"Well you need to be home sooner than later. Drive safely dear." I hung up.

Harry came back in and had the cutest smile on his face as he tried to balance two glasses of chocolate milk in one of his huge hands.

"Thanks," I laughed, taking one glass and the two small pills in his palm. "I have to drive back soon."

He scowled. "Why?"

"I promised to spend tomorrow with Gretchen and she wanted us to get breakfast together and all this shit. I need to go back, Har."

"It's too early."

"It's ten o'clock!"

"You shouldn't be driving that drive alone," he frowned. "Let me."

"You're half asleep," I shook my head. "I can drive myself, Harry. I'm fine."

"I don't like the thought of you driving alone down those winding roads."

"Harry," I said carefully, cupping his face in my hands. "I will be fine, I promise."

"Just-"

"Nope," I cut him off. He pouted.

"Fine, but you have to take my car. I don't trust any of Zayn's weird foreign cars."

"I don't trust your car!" I countered defiantly. He raised his eyebrows.

"I'm not asking, baby. You will take my car."

He kissed my lips once, twice, three times before finally relenting and agreeing to give me his keys.

We walked down the stairs and thankfully, the boys were still outside so I was hoping they hadn't heard any of what just happened.

"Tell the boys I said goodbye," I mumbled into Harry's shirt as we stood by his car. "I'll call you when I get home."

"Don't you dare take your eyes off the road," he warned, shaking a finger at me while he opened the door for me. "I mean it, don't even look at the radio."

"Fine," I rolled my eyes. "And don't worry baby, I'll be fine."

I turned on the car and he stood inside the door, leaning against the car and looking utterly delicious as I gave him a reassuring smile.

"Call me," he said quietly. I nodded and he squeezed my hand gently before closing the door and watching me drive away, his shoulders slumped as I waved one last time.