vii.

*Norah's POV*

I think by now Harry had given up on finding us. After filling up my voicemail box, blowing up my phone with messages and calls and sending me numerous emails, the communication just stopped on Thursday, four days after I left.

I made sure to take plenty of cash to last us for awhile so he couldn't trace the credit card, and I only told Kat and Zayn where I was going. Currently were staying in a large, roomy barn home a few hours outside of London in a little town with a population of like ten, not including sheep and small children, of which there seemed to be hundreds.

Jude, being obsessed with school and staying current on his assignments, was staying with Kat and Niall for the time being. Luckily, there was only about a week of school left before summer holiday so it definitely wasn't long term. Still, I missed him like crazy. With both him and Harry gone, it felt like my heart was empty and lonely in my chest. I felt incomplete.

Not to say that Stella and Theodore didn't keep me busy every minute of every day. They had lots of fun rolling down hills outside and running through mud puddles, basically finding out how to get as dirty and disgusting as possible. My little girl became a little piggy and my handsome boy turned into a village rascal.

I was just getting ready to call them in for dinner when the doorbell rang, startling me a little from my half-finished roast chicken. I clicked off the TV and padded to the door with my feet bare, my hair carelessly tossed into a ponytail and no makeup on.

When I opened the large mahogany door and saw Harry standing there, my first instinct was to slam it in his face. My heart was racing and my head was pounding with thoughts of what I would say, how I would get him to leave. What would I say to the kids? I told them their dad was on a business trip in New Zealand, for goodness sake.

"Darling, open the door," he pleaded softly from the other side of the door. "Come on, I just want to talk. I won't let the kids see me, I swear."

"Go away," I yelled back as my eyes began to brim with tears. I could smell his cologne through the door and I just missed him so much...I needed his arms around me and his lips on mine and everything about him wrapped around me.

I heard a tiny thud, like he was resting his head on the door. "Norah, please."

After thoroughly pondering the possible outcomes, I finally stepped away and slowly turned the knob, revealing Harry leaning in the doorway only inches from me.

"Please just hear me out," he pleaded quietly. "I have proof, baby. Come on, let me in."

"Five minutes," I warned him, stepping aside to let him pass me. "The kids will be back in ten."

"Okay, okay," he nodded eagerly. "Just watch this video, okay? I'll explain everything afterwards."

"Yeah, fine."

He set his iPad on the counter and the video began in, not a club like I expected, but...Niall's house? His living room, actually. Harry was sitting on the floor with a half-empty bottle of tequila, his hair all ruffled and his shirt unbuttoned a few buttons. He was clearly plastered already.

"Ni, Ni," Harry slurred, laughing like a madman as the camera shook a little. "W-Watch this."

He took the vacuum sucker in his large hand and pressed it to his neck, then flicked on the switch and began cackling while the suction pulled on his skin.

"It tickles!" He snorted after tugging the thing away and feeling the skin where it was. "Oh fuck, I think I have a hickey."

He looked concerned for a second but then Niall scoffed and they both fell off into a minute-and-a-half fit of laughter until the video ended.

I stared at the screen until he came closer and tilted my chin up, his eyes sad and sunken in as he stared at me.

"Princess," he said softly, rubbing over my cheek with his thumb. "I swear, I would never let another woman touch me like that. You're my wife, baby, I want your lips, your hands, I just want you. I don't want anyone else."

I looked down at our intertwined hands and sniffled slightly. "Not even someone younger?"

"I don't give one single fuck about other girls," he scowled, holding my face in his hands as more tears spilled from my eyes. "When I see other girls, the only thing I'm thinking about is how they're not you."

"Then why would you say something so horrible to me?" I sobbed into his soft shirt. "Do you have any idea how that made me feel? How upset I was?"

"Darling," he hushed me gently, his strong hands rubbing comforting circles on my back as I continued to cry. "Oh baby, I'm so sorry. You know I never wanted to hurt you like that, sweetheart."

"Then why did you?"

"I'm not going to make excuses," he murmured, brushing some loose hair away from my eyes. "I fucked up, that's that. But I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get your forgiveness and your trust back, sweetheart. I really need you back."

"You lied," I said stupidly. "You just made Jessica up?"

"Well the brand of alcohol we were drinking was called Jessica, actually."

I wiped my nose with the back of my hand and stepped away from his warm touch. "You're an asshole, Harry. You were childish and low and just-just....dumb."

He stood there and silently took every vicious word I threw at him, even when I was screaming at the top of my lungs that I never wanted to see him again. I think I might have even brought up when I lied and told him that Stella wasn't his. I'm pretty sure I remember his face twisting in pain but his lips stayed glued together, even through the thought of me being with another man.

"Daddy!" Theo's voice rang happily from outside. I snapped my mouth shut and hastily wiped away my tears, attempting to muster a smile for when he tore in and jumped straight into Harry's arms.

"Theodore," Harry sighed deeply, his lips pressing repeatedly to Theo's head of messy curls. "How are you doing, little man? What's this?"

"A turtle!" Theo answered gleefully. "I named him Niall after uncle Niall."

"Wow, that's so cool," Harry grinned. "Can I hold him?"

Theo began to happily hand over the little turtle but I had had enough. I was sad and confused and I needed to be with my kids, not their immature father. I needed time to think.

"Not tonight," I shook my head, stepping between them. "Why don't you let mommy have Niall and you go wash your hands, alright? Dinner is almost ready."

"Yes, ma'am," he grumbled, hanging his head a little as he walked away.

"Go before Stella sees you," I ordered quietly. "I won't have you breaking her heart too."

"Let me just say hello," he pleaded, his eyes going wide with fear of my answer. "Norah, I've been in hell without her. Please, I need to see my baby."

"She doesn't need you confusing her right now, Harry," I squinted, shaking my head. "Just leave, okay? We don't need you here."

im upsetting myself omg