14.

*Norah's POV*

A white lacy push up bra and matching underwear, with a beautiful diamond bracelet. That's what was in the box, along with a card that read:

My beautiful princess,

I hope you like what's inside this box as much as I do. You're the most gorgeous thing in the entire world, both inside and out, and I can't wait to tell everyone that you're mine. Missing you already,

-H

I was blushing furiously by the time I finished it.

"Norah," Liam chuckled from the door. "Come help me with my tie."

I stepped out of my bedroom and fixed his tie, smiling to myself as I remembered helping Harry with this same problem right after he fúcked me on his desk.

"Something amusing?" Liam raised his eyebrows.

"Just a thought," I smiled. "Don't worry your pretty little mind, cupcake."

He swatted my hand away. "Do not call me that!"

"Would you prefer my bff?"

"Absolutely not."

"Then cupcake it is!"

"Go get dressed," he grumbled. I laughed and stuck my tongue out at him before walking back to my bedroom and putting on what Harry gave me. Surprisingly enough, the set was incredibly comfortable and they matched my dress perfectly. How did Harry know that?

Finally, after hours of shaving, tweezing, blow drying, and nail-painting, I slipped into my dress. It was a gorgeous dress, found on accident by Kat when we were just window shopping during my lunch break. (a/n pic attached)

I walked out and Liam's jaw nearly dropped, probably because I had gone from hobo to decent-looking just by putting on a dress.

"Norah," he said breathlessly. "Wow, Nor, you look..."

"I think you're looking for perfect," I smiled sweetly. He rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever."

We left arm-in-arm and I noticed his hand slipping further down my back, until finally I elbowed him and he stopped just above my butt.

"You better watch it," I warned as our limousine driver pulled off the curb. "Didn't Harry warn you?"

His hand retracted. "Damn."

I smiled and looked out the window, the venue coming into view a second later as our car slowed.

"Shit," Liam laughed, running a hand through his styled hair. "Harry really outdid himself this time."

He was right; it was a huge building with glittering lights and a red carpet, leading up to two large glass doors with bouquets of flowers around the entrance.

"Coming?" Liam smirked, holding out a hand to me. I nodded and took his hand, my toes relishing in the feeling of the smooth carpet under my feet. (a/n she's not wearing shoes bc her dress is long and I think it's cute)

"You look very dashing," I whispered, leaning into Liam's warm side. "And thank you for being my date."

"You're welcome," he answered just as quietly. We paused for a second in the doorway to the large main room and arranged ourselves: I fixed his tie while he brushed some hair behind my ear and wiped away some rogue mascara spots.

"And by the way," he added with a grin. "I think your real date is right over there."

I turned my head and there was Harry Styles, his eyes sweeping the room until they settled on me and his face transformed into the cutest thing I'd ever seen. It was a mixture of happiness and surprise and I felt the same thing on my face as he walked towards me slowly. He looked godly.

Dressed in a perfectly fitting suit with a cute little red bow tie, never mind that it matched Victoria's dress, he was a vision of beauty and pure sex appeal.

"Norah," he smiled breathlessly. "You're giving me heart palpitations, for Christ's sake."

I looked down at the marble floor and blushed. "Is that a good thing?"

"The best," he grinned, his dimples appearing. God, he was adorable. "Liam is very lucky to have you as a date."

"Right," I winked. He laughed.

Liam's hand pressed to my back and Harry smiled a little, his eyes searching for Victoria in the crowd so we could walk together. At least that would give us an excuse to be close throughout the night.

"The caterer just got here and all the food is being put on tables," Victoria whispered to Harry as she joined us. "And I made sure the guests of honor had a table where you requested."

Harry nodded. "Thanks, Vic. But you're supposed to be enjoying yourself, you know. Give yourself a pat on the back."

"Thank you," she blushed slightly. Liam came up behind me at that second and Victoria smiled, actually smiled, so much that Harry noticed and nudged her towards him.

"I'm Victoria," she whispered, holding out a dainty hand to shake Liam's rough one.

"Liam."

"You have an accent," she observed, looking back and forth between him and Harry. "Are you-"

"English," he chuckled. "I came over with Harry."

The rest of their conversation faded as Harry took my hand and led me to the large dance floor, which was just beginning to fill up with other couples. There was some soft piano and violin music playing and it was nice. Everything looked beautiful.

I leaned into his warm chest and we started to sway, his strong arms closing around my waist as mine looped around his neck.

"You're so perfect," he mumbled into my hair. "God, it's a good thing I decided to wear boxers."

I picked my head up and looked at him. "What?"

"You look like sēx," he laughed, his hand rubbing my back in small circles. "I'm as hard as a freaking rock."

"Well you could have had some earlier," I reminded him with a smug grin.

The smell of his cologne surrounded me and held me to him, even when I felt a hand press to my shoulder.

"May I cut in?"

It was Derrick, of course it was him.

Harry's eyes darkened considerably but I quickly nodded and stepped away, sighing to myself when Harry stalked off the dance floor. I hadn't meant to make him angry.

"You look gorgeous," Derrick smiled weakly. "By the way."

I could feel the goosebumps on my skin and I couldn't help but shrink away from him in fear. This was the man who had hurt me, badly enough to elicit a response from Harry and Zayn.

"Thank you," I answered, my voice a little shaky.

"I joined an AA group," he said after an awkward moment of silence between us. "I know I have a problem, Norah, and I want to fix it. I don't want to hurt anyone else."

I nodded. "I'm proud of you."

We danced for a few more minutes before Harry insisted on cutting back in, this time his breath thick with the smell of scotch.

"You've been drinking," I observed. He scowled.

"That asshole shouldn't have been touching you."

"He's getting help, Harry," I smiled, leaning into his chest as the song ended. "And I should really find Liam."

He looked at me for a long second and stroked my cheek with his thumb, his dark eyes softening as I kissed his cheek.

"Good idea. I'll meet you at our table?"

I nodded and set off through the crowd, unaware of Harry's eyes still lingering on my back as he stood alone in the middle of the dance floor.

thanks for 19k everyone!!!! Please please vote and comment and I'll update early if you do ((::

ily all sm