26.

*Norah's POV*

I woke up around six and skillfully unraveled myself from Harry, taking extra care not to wake him up. He seemed so happy and adorable when he slept, I didn't have the heart to disturb him.

I had taken off work that day but I still had to run by my office to get some paperwork so I dressed casually, in some leggings and a white button up of Harry's with some riding boots. It was a comfy outfit.

I stopped by my usual coffee place and got some coffee and a pastry, then took the stairs at work to try and cancel them out. Harry could compliment me all he wanted, I still needed to go on a diet.

"Morning," one of the older ladies chirped as I stepped into the elevator. "Have a good evening?"

"Wonderful," I smiled in return. "Yours?"

"It was fine, my dog is just about the only company I keep these days. And how is that handsome young gentlemen I always see around here?"

I laughed. "Harry? He's just fine."

"You know I look every day in the newspapers for the official announcement of your engagement. Any idea when you'll go public?"

"Whenever Harry is ready," I shrugged with a small smile. "He's big on PR, you know. He's got this whole team and everything."

"Oh, of course."

"Well, have a nice day," I laughed lightly as I stepped out of the elevator.

You can probably guess how surprised I was to find Harry standing in the window of my office, a phone pressed to his ear.

"I don't give two flying fūcks about the president!" He yelled, his hand perched precariously on his toned hip. "Well then you should tell him to-"

I wrapped my arms around his hips and he let out a deep breath, his tense shoulders relaxing a little as I kissed his neck.

"Yeah, whatever. I'll call you later."

He threw his phone aside and I stepped back a little involuntarily as I remembered last time he got angry at me. He squeezed my cheeks so hard I didn't have to wear blush for like a week.

It was silent until he slammed his hand against my giant window and I jumped, almost afraid that he would shatter it. I saw it shake, I watched as Harry's fist split open at the knuckles and his face flushed with anger. It didn't matter that the window was made of three plated, bulletproof glass. I believed he could break it.

"Come here," he muttered, still facing away from me.

I shifted from one foot to another but stayed where I was.

"Norah, come here please," he hissed. "I just- I'm pissed as hell right now. Please come here."

I finally relented and stood in front of him, twisting my fingers as he glared at the carpeting next to my foot.

"I have to leave immediately," he gritted out. "I'm flying back on my jet in...fifteen minutes."

"But wait," I pouted slightly. "I thought-"

"Me too, baby," he tried to smile. "Hey, don't look so sad. I'll be back as soon as I can get all this shit sorted out, alright?"

I looked down at my feet. "Yeah."

"It's not my choice," he murmured, his thumb skimming my cheek so I couldn't help but smile into his hand. "Princess, I will be back by your side before you can even blink. Then how about we start planning the wedding and aim for..say, June?"

"June?!" I gaped. "It's already January!"

"It's February, darling. Today's the first."

"Wait, wait a second," I shook my head. "No, it can't be the first."

"It is, sweetheart." He sank into a chair and rubbed his temples. "What's the matter? You look like you've just seen a ghost."

"My period," I said out loud, more to myself than him.

"What was that?"

"Nothing," I smiled quickly. "Don't worry about it, you're already stressed enough."

"I'll be more stressed if you don't tell me."

"I always have my period on the nineteenth through the twenty-third," I explained quietly as I sat sideways on his lap. "I've never ever had it this late."

"I don't know baby, do you think you're pregnant?"

I looked down at him. "What?"

"Well I did graduate biology," he chuckled, squeezing my hips lightly. "Isn't that what that means sometimes?"

"I-I don't know."

"I thought we used protection every time," he muttered to himself. "Didn't we?"

"I thought so..."

"Huh. There was that one time at my house when we got drunk...on your last night, remember?"

"Crap," I whined as I leaned into him. "Harry, what if I am pregnant? Our house isn't ready, we have nothing, you're not even sure you'll be able to move here."

"Take a deep breath," he sighed, rubbing my back in small circles. "Norah, it's alright. Schedule an appointment and I'll call you when I land, okay? It's alright, sweetheart."

"I want you to stay."

"You have no idea how much I want to stay," he grinned. "I need to get all this crap sorted out and then I'll be back and we can plan our wedding, okay?"

"What about our house?"

"Everything's painted, right? So the flooring guys will be there tomorrow, Thursday, and the party is on Saturday?"

"Yeah."

"Well after Thursday you should be able to move some stuff, right?"

"We have no furniture, babe."

"Shit," he laughed. "Sorry, I forgot. Well you could start packing?"

"Without you," I mumbled, playing with a button on his suit to ignore his hard gaze. He let out a deep breath and ran a hand through my hair, making me smile into his shoulder. "You should go, you're going to be late."

"I know."

We stood up and he left warm kisses down my forehead, ending on my lips as his hands cupped my butt, like always. "I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you so much more," he smiled softly. "I gotta go, alright? I'll call you as soon as I can, and I love you."

"I love you too," I called with a laugh. "Please don't get stranded on a deserted island."

"Try not to," he shrugged, still grinning as I watched him get into the elevator. Then he blew me a kiss and disappeared behind the cool metal doors.

this chapter sucks so much lol srry

can we get 10 votes and 5 comments before next chapter???