twenty-eight

"I have to go back downstairs baby," Harry said for the thousandth time. "They're waiting for me."

I poked out my bottom lip and tightened my grip around his neck. "But I thought you loved me."

"That is just unfair," he beamed, his thumb running over my cheekbone. We were tangled together under the sheets of one of the guest beds and I was so warm and comfortable with him next to me. I didn't want him to leave.

"I was going to tell you something earlier," I said quietly as his lips found their way to mine again. "Harry, wait. Stop."

He let out a deep breath and nuzzled his face into my neck. "What is it?"

"Never mind."

I could feel his body shifting on top of mine and his hands snaked up my body until they were cupping my face and he was kissing me again.

His lips were warm and soft against mine and I couldn't help but tangle my fingers in his hair as he moaned softly.

"You're making it so hard to leave," he sighed, brushing a piece of hair out of my face. "But I have to go, baby girl. I'll be back later, okay?"

I nodded and he kissed me one more time before slowly getting up and leaving me in the darkness again.

*Harry's POV*

"Dude," Liam smirked as I waded back into the water. They were all staring at me like I was some sort of alien and the looks on their faces told me they noticed the large hickey on my collarbone.

"You better not fuck in those sheets," Zayn chuckled, taking a large sip of his beer. "I'm not washing them."

I shook my head. "I don't think we'll be doing any of that for awhile."

Niall frowned. "Why not?"

"Because I told her I loved her. That changes things."

"Maybe not," Zayn shrugged. "It could make it better."

They all nodded and I let out a deep breath as Niall handed me a beer.

"So what about Thalia?" Louis asked once we had all pondered the love issue for a minute.

"What about her?"

"Are you still going to go after her?"

I ran a hand through my hair and shrugged for what seemed like the hundredth time. "I don't know. Honestly I haven't thought about her since Norah and I started fucking."

All the boys shook their heads and rolled their eyes, which naturally made me curious.

"What?" I laughed, looking at all of them.

"You haven't stopped talking about that bitch for like five months," Zayn snickered. "Then you screw Norah, and suddenly she's history."

"Don't call Thalia a bitch," I scowled. "I dated her for a year and a half. She's a good person."

"She's entitled," Liam chimed in. "She's the biggest fucking hypocrite I've ever met.

"How?"

Niall looked at me sympathetically. "Mate, he's right. Every time you left the room, she would tell us how childish we were and how we should be a better influence on you."

"So what?"

"Harry," Louis said quietly. "Don't get upset mate, we're just trying to tell you the truth."

"She's a fucking good person okay?" I nearly yelled at them. I don't know why I was getting so angry but I wanted them to see that I wasn't an idiot. I could pick a girl to date.