55

"Zee, the doctor told you that your body is legitimately addicted to caffeine and that you need more water intake-" Barry followed me out the elevator that day, holding a bottle of water in his hand, his words making me quicken my pace. "You're switching to decaf-"

"No way-" I shook my head and kept walking. "I have enough water intake-"

Barry remarked. "Barely-"

I walked down the corridor. "Barry, I didn't ask you to come to my doctor's appointment with me so you could parent me-"

"Yeah, you asked me to come because you were scared to go alone-" Barry called me right out.

"It's the doctor." I abruptly stopped and looked at him with wide eyes. "What did you expect?"

"You're a cop." Barry couldn't help but let out a bubble of laughter, putting his hands on my shoulders and looking down at me. "You're also twenty-four."

"Hey-" I pointed out. "I turn twenty-five soon."

Barry laughed lightly and squeezed my shoulders gently. "Cutting you off is going to help- I'm trying to make sure you don't die-"

"What? Why not-" I crossed my arms. "Dying from caffeine overdose is the best way to go-"

"Decaf." Barry pushed some hair behind my ear with a small laugh. "Plus, decaf has like- three percent caffeine- so technically, it's not entirely lacking in that department-"

"Okay, and what about the other ninety-seven percent?" I scanned his face. "I need it to function-"

"You can drink- water." Barry kissed my forehead and wrapped an arm around me, walking me down the corridor again.

"No-" I blew some hair out of my face with a huff when he pushed the bottle of water into my hands. "Fine."

Barry kissed my temple with a soft laugh as we walked into the cortex that was decorated tremendously, catching us both off guard. "Holy winter wonderland."

Cisco looked up from where he was seated. "Took the words right out of my mouth."

"Oh my god!" I bursted and looked around the cortex in awe. "HR did you do this?-"

HR nodded with excitement and gestured. "Some traditions are multi-versal."

"Zee-" Cisco sat up, his eyes glued to my hands. "Is that- a water bottle in your hands?"

"Oh god, it is-" Caitlin lifted her head. "I never thought I'd see the day-"

"Oh, shut up-" I shot them both a glare, watching as they all bursted into small giggles.

Barry ruffled my hair with a small laugh, "So, um- any more info on Savitar?"

"Nope, all we know is that he's a speed god and you're the only one who can see him." Caitlin shook her head.

Barry inhales. "All right, well, Alchemy is Savitar's high priest and he gets his power from the stone that he uses to create meta, so- I was thinking if we can find out what that thing is, maybe we can figure out how to stop him."

Cisco got up and walked over to the console. "I want to see if I can dig something up."

"Hey." Barry pointed at my unopened bottle. "Drink."

"Right." I twisted open the cap and took a sip of the water, looking around the cortex and noticing the absence of our Wells. "Damn- where's HR when you need him-"

Barry ruffled my hair again. "Thanks, you just reminded me to make sure he doesn't get you a coffee when I'm not around-"

I scanned his face. "Do you even love me?"