1

"I have arrived-" I announced and walked into Barry's CSI Lab, my converse hitting against the ground as I made my way over to him, my long dark hair cascading down my back, ending right at waist.

I was dressed in an olive green long sleeve, medium wash jeans, holding a note pad in my hand, my backpack slung over my shoulder, filled with college notes that I needed to finish the amount of essays I lost count to.

I was in my last year of college doing all of my remaining classes online, all while taking up a job as a reporter.

I spent the days digging for details, and the nights trying to finish up my essays.

Barry shot me a look from his computer, "From following Joe around at the crime scene?"

"I wasn't following-" I trail off, rocking back and forth on my feet, "I was simply shadowing."

"There was a shooting today." Barry mentioned what I already knew, "Joe needs me to process some evidence- which means I don't know if we're gonna be able to make it to Star Labs."

"What? No way-" I scoff, putting my notepad in my bag, setting it on the ground, "Seeing this- whatever it is- turn on has been your dream."

Barry's eyes linger with mine as I walked over to his desk and stole a fry from his lunch, taking a bite, "I took the day off so I could come with you and Iris to this- thing."

Iris then walks in, "I canceled a date for this!"

"Hey- hands off my fries." Barry walked over to me, his body towering over me as he snatched the small paper container from his desk and moves it to his other desk, playfully scoffing, "Unbelievable."

"I haven't eaten all day-" I argued, crossing my arms, "I went to CCPN this morning on an empty stomach and my boss told me to write an article about- a shooting. A shooting out of all things."

"If you haven't eaten all day, you can have them." Barry handed them over, making me smile lightly, "But- what's wrong with a shooting?"

Iris came to my side, shrugging, "Shootings are boring."

"Shootings are boring." I nodded in agreement, "I mean- I want to write about something interesting. I'm wasting all my effort on these articles."

Iris stole a fry from me, then noticed the look on my face when she did, "I'm stress-eating over my dissertation."

"Oh yeah?" I ate a fry, my attention diverted towards her.

"We started selling cronuts at Jitters, I ate two today." Iris brought up, "If I don't graduate soon, I'm gonna be more muffin-top than woman."

Barry stares at her for a second, "You look amazing."

Barry blinks then turns away, pining something to the board.

Iris looked at me, "You need any help with your college work?"

"No- I'm a 22 year old woman who's capable of getting her own things done." I point at her, eating a fry.

"And I'm a 24 year old woman that's capable of helping you get those things done." Iris pointed back at me; her eyebrow raising.

"You know what-" I handed her a fry, "Stress out over your dissertation-"

Iris laughs lightly, then looked at Barry, "What is so important about this particle accelerator anyway?"

Barry looked at us, "Harrison Wells' work in quantum theory is light-years ahead of anything they're doing at CERN."

I clear my throat, walking over to his desk that he stood by, "That's not english."

Iris nods in agreement , "Yeah, you're doing that thing where you're not speaking English."