13

"Barry?" His name slipped out of my mouth quickly, as I stared at nothing, hearing slight static on the end of the line.

"Barry, what happened out there?" Dr. Wells asked right after me, but all we got was silence.

Cisco leans his palms against the desk, "Are you guys okay?"

"I think so." Barry's voice came in, making my heart beat slow down to normal in relief.

"Oh, God- the nuclear explosion." Caitlin said, "There's no telling how much radiation we were exposed to."

"Wait, wait, wait, this can't be." Cisco's eyes scan the screen, "The Geiger counter in the suit it's reading less than one millirad."

Barry replies, just as confused as everyone else, "But- that's normal."

I looked from the screen and between Cisco and Dr. Wells, "There's no radiation."

"Let's go." Barry said to Caitlin, a moment of silence a few moments after the said that.

"Did it work?" I asked, "Did you separate them?"

"I don't know." Barry replied, but to our relief he replies, "We're coming home, all of us."

-

"Ronnie Raymond." Cisco was smiling widely when Professor Stein, Ronnie, Caitlin and Barry came out of the elevator.

"Cisco." Ronnie hugged him, smiling just as widely.

"I missed you so much, man." Cisco pulled away, then turned sincere, "I shouldn't have locked you in there."

"Hey- don't." Ronnie told him, then looked at me, giving me a sweet smile, greeting me, "Zee."

"Ronnie." I returned the smile, my arms crossed, "I'm happy you're back to yourself."

Dr. Wells wheels over to us, joining the happiness, "Welcome back, Mr. Raymond."

"Dr. Wells." Ronnie looked down at him, shaking his hand, "Caitlin told me what happened to you- I'm so sorry."

"I'm responsible for putting myself in this chair." Dr. Wells exhales deeply, "You are responsible for my still being alive- thank you."

"You said you'd bring him back, and you did." Caitlin was at Ronnie's side, and there was a light in her eyes that I hadn't seen before, "Thank you."

Dr. Wells smiled at her, "You're welcome."

"Excuse me?" Professor Stein cut through the fun, "Are we all planning to sing Kumbaya next?"

Dr. Wells' eyes land on him, "Professor Stein, I presume."

"Harrison Wells." Professor Stein took notice of him, "Do you have somewhere I can freshen up and get a change of clothes?"

"Of course." Cisco lead him through the hall as we all followed, "Right this way, Professor."

-

I paced around my room, Friends blasting from my laptop that rested on my best, my phone positioned up against something as I was recording myself, to look back on how idiotic what I had just done was.

I held a pair of scissors in my hand, my once longish medium length hair now a little longer than shoulder length.

I stopped in front of my mirror, staring at what appearance I was presenting. I was dressed in one of Barry's old oversized sweatshirts that was in my closet, with a pair of plaid pajama pants.

My hair was in two tight pony tails, chopped off wherever the hair tie ended, dried tears on my cheeks.

"Zee?" Barry's voice filled my ears, when I realize I had called him over here and told him to come right in, the front door shutting behind him, "Sorry I'm late- I dropped Professor Stein off."