19

"Flash missing." Cisco mumbles at the article that shone in front of us as inched closer to it, "Vanishes in crisis."

Barry's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "After an epic street battle with the Reverse-Flash, our city's very own Scarlet Speedster disappeared in an explosion of light."

My voice was quiet as I scanned the article, "Barry, look at the date."

"April 25th, 2024." Barry read, then looked down in realization, "Guys, when I fought the Reverse-Flash at Christmas, he said that we'd be fighting for centuries."

Caitlin looks between us all, hesitating, "Wait, you can't really think that this is- from the future?"

I also hesitantly trail off, "That would means Dr. Wells, or whoever he is, is also-"

"From the future." Barry finished my sentence in just as much shock as we all were in.

"I have to say, I'm really digging the brighter red suit." Cisco points out, "And the white on the symbol? That's dope."

"Wait a second." Cisco froze, looking between us all, "Suppose we now change the color on your suit- will it be because we got the idea from this picture? That would mean we're living in a causal nexus."

"This- wow." Cisco continued, staring at the article, "This is so trippy, like, Marty and the Polaroid trippy."

Caitlin exhales deeply, "Not as trippy as the name on the byline."

That's when we all noticed it.

Barry's eyes were glued to the byline, "Zee Allen?"

Zee Allen.

I could feel his shocked stare on me as I stared at what was my name in denial and shock, small tears burning in my eyes, no words leaving my mouth.

Cisco's eyes squint as he looked between the both of us, "Mazel tov?"

"Hebrew." A feminine robotic voice makes us all jump back and back away in surprise and fear, the article disappearing, "Ancient language of the Jewish people."

"Uh-uh!" Cisco shook his head after he gasped, "What the hell was that?"

"Is someone here?" Barry looked around, "Hello?"

A hologram appeared where the article once was, and spoke, "Good evening, Barry Allen."

I stepped back further, "Oh my god- it talks."

"Uh, h-hi." Barry stutters, not knowing what to say, "You know who I am?"

"Of course." The woman said, "Barry Allen, director of Central City Police, CSI Division."

I looked at him, "Director?"

Cisco trails off, "I guess you get a promotion."

"Also known as The Flash." The woman continued, "Founding member of-"

Barry cuts her off, "What are you?"

She answers, "I am Gideon, an interactive artificial consciousness."

"AI." Cisco was astonished, "Sick."

"Uhm, Gideon-" I slowly began, looking from Barry to Gideon, "Do you know Dr. Wells?"

Gideon replied, "Yes."

Barry questions, "Do you know who he really is?"

Gideon doesn't answer the way we wanted her to, "I don't understand the question."

"I- I mean, what is he doing here?" Barry stammers, "W-why did he come here?"

Gideon fades, appearing in a completely body form, "To kill you."