51

"Detective-" Barry's eyes went slightly wide when I walked into his and Julian's Lab the next week, holding a folder in my hands, "Hi-"

"Barry-" I softly smiled at him, my heart warming at the sight of him, holding the folder tighter.

Julian's voice made me turn my head, seeing him seated a few feet away from Barry, "Morning-"

"Hi, Julian." I gave him the same smile, instantly feeling awkward with the both of them in the room, "I- uhm, new one?"

"Uh, yeah, number six." Barry points at it, nodding lightly, "Found it last night."

"Well, then- this should come as a welcome surprise-" I handed him in the older, "You've been reassigned to meta-human crime scene investigation full-time."

Julian fixed his tie, "Full-time?"

"We're pouring all the resources we can into figuring out this husk problem, especially considering the last one turned out to be The Rival." I nodded lightly, folding my hands together, "Just- don't kill each other out there- I'd really appreciate it."

"I'll try and play nice." Julian got up, walking over to me and pressing a kiss to my temple, Barry shooting him daggers, before he walked over to his desk.

"Will you stop?" I instantly leaned my palm against Barry's desk, my voice a whisper shout, "That was rude-"

"Oh- of course you're defending your- new british boyfriend-" Barry muttered under his breath, talking to me in a mocking tone, "Told you he was only ever nice to you-"

"He is not my boyfriend." I shot a glare at him lightly, "We went on one date-"

"Didn't seem like it-" Barry points to his temple, implying the kiss Julian had just given me, "You guys seem extremely close for two people who aren't dating-"

"Barry!" I lightly hit his arm, "Enough-"

Barry and I were about to continue our bickering until we heard quiet hushed sounds, along with giggles, making us both looking in the direction of the door, to see Cecile and Joe quietly talking.

Suddenly, the tension between us was gone and filled with the feeling to tease Joe about him and Cecile when he walked in, as I immediately rushed over, "Yo- was that what I think it was?"

Barry rushed over as well, right by my side, "You asked her to movie night with us? That's awesome-"

"When did you do that?" I whispered to him, looking between them, "How did I miss it?-"

Barry was just as amused, whispering along with me, "How'd you do it?-"

"As much as I'd like to gossip with you two like a teenager right now, there's something else we need to talk about." Joe waves us off a little, "Wally- he's been having dreams."

"Dreams?" I repeat, "What do you mean, dreams?"

"Saving people, becoming a speedster." Joe shot me a look, "He called himself Kid Flash."

Barry swallows hard instantly, "Kid Flash, he- he said that name, specifically?"

"He's in trouble, isn't he?" I looked at Barry.

"If Wally's having dreams of being Kid Flash, then he's in trouble, yeah, but-" Barry exhales sharply, "Don't worry, okay, we'll figure it out."

-

"So- I did have powers?" Wally asked Barry as we were seated at the West Household, "I was Kid Flash?"

Barry inhales, "In Flashpoint, yes."