57

"Nice save!" bursted HR when Barry and Wally walked into the cortex after their latest mission. "Could not have scripted it better myself."

"Thanks." Wally smiled and met his hand in a handshake. "Barry did most of the heavy lifting."

"Yes, bravo, boys." Julian said from where he sat, then held up the tablet he had in his hands. "Although I did find at least six ways you could have done it more efficiently— just saying."

Wally's smile never faded. "I mean, the busload of hot cheerleaders seemed like the way that we did things."

"Oh, that's going in the book." HR wrapped his arm around Wally and walked toward the corridor. "You know what? I'm running low; let me buy you a cup of coffee over at CC Jitters- Bond, are you coming?"

Julian set his tablet down. "No, thank you-"

"So," I trailed off, making my way over to Barry and poking his sides. "Exactly how many hot cheerleaders liked the way you did things?"

"I was a good boy, I promise-" Barry reached and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into his chest. "You know, he's just been looking forward to this for a long time; he's enjoying the moment- it's actually been really nice having him out there."

"He looks happy." I looked back at Wally leaving the cortex with HR along with everyone else one by one. "I'm glad you guys are working well together-"

"Hey-" He looked down at me. "Remember when Iris made you try out for the cheer squad in high school?"

"Hey-" I imitated his tone and looked up at him. "Remember when you tried out for the football team?"

Barry groaned lightly and dropped his forehead to meet mine. "You were never supposed to find out about that."

"I find out everything." I wrapped my arms around his neck and pecked his lips.

Barry didn't reply this time, holding me tighter just for a few moments.

Then, he lifted his head up and looked at Cisco. "Please tell me you found a way to change the future."

Cisco spun in his chair and smiled at us. "We found a way to change the future."

"Did you really?" I turned my head.

"No, but- Caitlin and I did find a way to map it." Cisco got up. "You're gonna love this- follow me."

-

"Julian suggested we make a 3-D reconstruction of the scene from the future exactly as we saw it." Cisco walked us into his workshop, gesturing to a diorama he and Caitlin had built.

I placed my hands on my hips. "With toys?"

"The medium's not important." Caitlin nudged me playfully when we joined them around the diorama.

"Thank you." Cisco gestured down to the diorama. "Eye on the ball, Zee."

"Is that Savitar?" I pointed at the sliver lego that represented him. "He doesn't look very scary-"

Cisco looked up at me when he rounded the diorama. "Because at the moment- he's a lego-"

"Is this me?" Barry picked up the little red lego. "Why is he an astronaut?"

"Eye on the ball, Barry, okay?" Cisco took it and placed it back down. "Now, this diorama tells us you need to cover this distance in less than 0.21 seconds if you want to save Zee from Savitar."

Barry stood up straight and crossed his arms. "What do you guys think?"

"Think what you're proposing is impossible." Julian walked in. "Therefore, you will fail."