6

"To understand what I'm about to tell you, you need to do something first, you need to believe in the impossible." I typed on my laptop, seated in my apartment alone, "Can you do that?"

"Good, because all of us, we have forgotten what miracles look like." I typed, "Maybe because they haven't made much of an appearance lately. Our lives have become ordinary, but there is someone out there who is truly extraordinary. I don't know where you came from. I don't know your name, but I have seen you do the impossible to protect the city I love- so for those of us who believe in you and what you're doing, I just want to say thank you."

My eyes scan the post for any errors, before posting it. I got up, shutting my laptop, and within seconds, I whooshed out onto the roof of my apartment building.

A hum fills my ears, along with the familiar vibrated voice, "You're welcome."

"How did you-" I spun to face him, "I just posted that."

He shrugs, hidden in the dark, "Speed reading."

"You know-" I stared at him, "Your voice sounds familiar- even with whatever you're doing with it."

He changed the subject, "You need to stop writing your blog."

"Here we go again." I sigh, "I'm not going to stop- people need to know that you exist, my friend needs to know you exist."

His voice was firm, "You're not hearing me."

"That's unfortunate for you, I'm sure." I cross my arms, "What should I call you?"

This his gives into, "Anything but The Streak."

"Any suggestions?" I question.

"You said you were writing about me to bring hope to someone you care about." He brought up, "How would he feel if doing that put you in harm's way?"

"I don't care- as long as he believes me." I said, "Plus, you give lots of people in this city hope."

Then there was a siren in the distance.

"To be continued." I could see the small smile on his face, "I gotta run."

"I bet you say that to all the girls." I scoff, backing up and towards the door that lead back into the building.

He looks at me, "What other girls?"

I purse my lips, as he ran, grabbing me, leaving me back in my apartment, before running off, leaving me shocked.

-

Iris looked at me from behind the counter at Jitters, siding me my coffee, "I've been meaning to ask you, where's Barry? He hasn't been in all week."

I shrug barely, "Getting his fix somewhere else? I don't know."

"Did something happen between you two?" Iris suspiciously eyes me, "Did you guys fight?"

"Iris." I looked at her, picking up my coffee, "Everything's fine- just, let's not talk about it, okay?"

Iris then aided me a cronut, "On the house- for my best friend in need."

I shot her a look, "I'm in need of a cronut?"

She points the tongs in her hand, correcting me, "In need of comfort."

I scoff, "Really, Iris?"

This earns a small laugh from her, as it slowly fades when a flashback walked in.

Tony Woodward.

"Zee." Tony slowly walked toward me, "Long time no see."

I stare at him, not knowing what to say, as Iris had walked over across the cafe to hand off more completed orders.