31

"A bunch of superheroes in a farmhouse?" Thea said the moment we all got out of the car, "I feel like I've seen that in a movie before."

Oliver replied, "We need a secure location."

"And- what was wrong with Star Labs?" I swung a bag over my shoulder and stopped next to him.

Oliver shrugged lightly and began walking next to me, "Well, I mean, absolutely nothing if you forget about the revolving door you guys installed so the bad guys can come and go as they please."

"Oh yeah?" I looked at him, "Remind me again what happened to your old lair, or wait- the one before that?"

"Well, lair number one was compromised by the police, and-" Felicity looked between Oliver and I, "I will stop helping."

I gave her a playful smirk, "Do go on-"

"Savage only let Barry and I live because he felt Kendra start to emerge as Hawkgirl and went after her-" Oliver walked up the porch with us, "He can sense her and Carter's presence- we don't need to make it easier on him by staying in the city limits."

"We need to find a way to neutralize Savage's advantage." Oliver took the bag I held from me and set both down on the table when we were in the house, looking past me, "Barry, you're late."

"Sorry." My bead turned back quick at the sound of his voice, "It turns out, it's not easy finding the ass end of nowhere-"

"Yeah, for real." Cisco's voice followed, "The roaming charges alone are going to bankrupt me-"

"Hi-" I immediately walked over to my boyfriend and wrapped my arms around his neck, pushing myself onto my tippy toes, pecking his lips a few times, "Missed you-"

"I missed you-" Barry pecked my lips back, before pressing his lips into my forehead, then wrapping an arm around me.

"If you two are done-" Oliver began, "We're discussing how to take away Savage's newfound power."

I point at him, "And his magic stick thing-"

Carter corrects me, "Yeah, Staff of Horus."

"Thank you-" I pointed at him.

"Well, it's protected by some kind of energy field." Barry rubbed my arm, "I couldn't lay a finger on it."

Felicity cuts in and suggests, "Maybe if you wear mittens next time?"

"What if we made some sort of insulated gauntlets-" Caitlin began to speak, looking between Felicity and Cisco.

Cisco points, "Oh, yeah, yeah, the magnetic shielding could disrupt the-"

"The staff's magnetic polarity." Felicity finished his sentenced before they left the room to go do exactly that.

"Well, while the geek squad works-" Oliver began.

Felicity perks, "Heard that, honey-"

Oliver continued, "While they work to get the staff away from Savage, we need to know everything there is to know about him."

Thea held up her tablet, "Well, I googled reincarnated nut jobs and came up with nothing."

"Kendra and I would be the reincarnated nut jobs." Carter pointed out, "Savage is merely immortal."

Laurel looks up, "Merely?-"

"Welcome to the new normal." Thea breathes out.

"Anyone who's been around for 4,000 years should leave a trail." John said, "I'll check with ARGUS see if they have anything on him."