23

"Flash Day is almost here." The news reporters' voice filled my ears when I entered the precinct, "A special downtown rally to honor the man who saved Central City- it's been six months since the Flash saved Central City from the freak black hole that erupted in the sky."

"Flash Day?" I questioned, walking behind Joe who was watching the screen, "How much did I miss?"

Joe turned at the sound of my voice and broke out into a smile, laughing lightly, putting his arms around, "Well, I'll be- when did you get back?"

"A little while ago-" I smiled and hugged onto him, "How's everything going?"

I left for Starling City a month ago, as Barry had decided that training with Oliver was what was best for me after found out I was a meta human.

Especially after he distanced himself from us all, breaking the team up as we went our separate ways.

The distance causing our feelings to be buried.

"Joe, where are we at with the murder at the nuclear plant?" Captain Singh suddenly joined us and nodded towards me, "Zee."

I waved lightly, as Joe exhales, "Barry's still analyzing the evidence, but- there was definitely something weird."

"Yeah, which is why I let you have that Anti-Meta-Human Task Force." Captain Singh said, "Speaking of which, where's your scientific advisor?"

"Ho, ho, ho!" Cisco suddenly joined us and wrapped an arm around me in greeting, then noticing Captain Singh's beard, "Fear the beard!"

"It's a very distinguished look-" Cisco added in, touching his own chin, "Sir."

Captain Singh looks at what Cisco had wheeled over, "What is all this, Mr. Ramon?"

"Oh, this right here?" Cisco gestured, "This is a little something I'm working on- I'm cooking it up for Joe and the task force to take down meta-humans."

"I think I'm going to call it The Boot." Cisco thought out loud, then handed Captain Singh a pile of papers, "Oh, here are the receipts."

Captain Singh sighs and heads towards his office, as Cisco turner, "Oh, um, Captain, one more thing-"

"You are not getting a badge, Mr. Ramon." Captain Singh already knew what he was going to say, closing the door as he entered his office as Joe and I chuckled.

Cisco faces us, "He's really stingy with those badges, isn't he?"

"Yeah, cops are funny that way." Joe points at the device, "So- you really think you can get this to work? Don't have me caught out on the streets with my pants down."

"Yes, once I finish the Boot, CCPD will totally have what it needs to take down a meta-human." Cisco nodded, "Especially now that Barry has decided to go all Lone Wolf McQuade and fight crime by himself."

"I know, right?" Joe immediately said in agreement, "Have you spoken to him?"

"Not really." Cisco honestly said, "Haven't even heard from Caitlin since she started work at Mercury Labs."

"Hey Cisco- Dad-" Iris' voice filled our ears, "Zee!"

"Yeah, it's me-" I laughed lightly, as she engulfed me into a tight hug, holding onto me for a moment or two.

Iris looks between us all when she pulls away, "Hey, I was wondering if you'd talked to Barry about the rally?"

"We was just saying." Joe gestures between us.

"I'm sorry, but, I can't believe they're gonna give the Flash the key to the city." Cisco chuckles, "Although technically, as members of Team Flash, we should all be getting keys."