20

I stared at my ceiling, covered in my own blood.

I was fighting for whatever oxygen I could get, an piercing, aching pain where my bleeding wound was.

I couldn't move, because the pain was too much.

Whenever I tried, I could tremble to the point that I'd fall right back where I once was.

"Zee?" I heard my door open suddenly, Barry Allen's distant voice filling my ears.

I couldn't even reply, his eyes widening when he saw me, rushing to me immediately, "Zee!"

My vision began to blur as he was on his knees by me, his eyes going from the knife next to me to my wound, his eyes filled with worry and shock.

I was struggling to breathe as he quickly took off his jacket, putting it over my wound as his eyes were glued to it, my blood easily staining it.

His eyes were wide with concern and question, wondering who and how this had happened.

I barely choke out, "Dr. Wells."

Barry stopped for just a moment, anger and hatred pouring into his eyes, applying pressure on my wound, "You're going to be okay- it's gonna be fine-"

My eyes began rolling to the back of my head, but I heard Barry raise his voice, "No, Zee, stay awake-"

Barry was scooping me up in his arms, "Stay awake- okay, it's gonna be okay-"

Barry used his speed and ran out of my apartment, running faster than I had ever seen him run as he skid to a stop in the cortex but barely, almost falling over by how fast he was going.

Caitlin immediately got up when she sees us, her eyes widening when she sees all the blood, Cisco and Joe matching her expressions, "What happened?"

"Wells-" Barry quickly went into the Med Lab where they all followed, laying me down on the medical bed, "He got to her-"

Caitlin pulled my shirt up, putting on gloves, examining it, "How long has she been like this?"

"I don't know, I just- I- brought her as soon as I saw her like this-" Barry was stammer, putting his hands behind his neck, covered in my blood as well, small tears pooling in his eyes, "There was blood everywhere-"

Joe stood next to Barry, staring at me with wide eyes, Cisco having his hands over his mouth.

"She's lost a lot of it." Caitlin was scrambling around to get the materials she needs, "She's gonna need stitches-"

Her voice began to fade, my eyes beginning to close, despite Barry's pleads for me to stay awake, everything going black.

-

A sharp pain was present in my middle, exhaustion and weakness threading through my body.

My eyes slowly opened to the bright lights of Star Labs, my hand flying up to cover my eyes, blinking a few times to get used to the brightness.

I looked down at myself, no longer covered in blood but changed in sweatpants and a huge Star Labs sweatshirt, feeling a bandage wrapped around my middle.

I turned my head, noticing Barry still covered in my blood, seated in a chair by my bed, his head leant against his fist, his eyes closed, looking like he had been up all night.

I slowly sat up, squeezing my eyes to the pain, placing a hand over my wound.

I ran a hand through my messy hair, reaching over, touching Barry's arm barely, my voice coming out raspy and as a whisper, "Barry."