7

I dodged people as I jogged over by Joe, Barry, and Eddie, who stood over the latest victim of death, what I assumed was from whoever had powers like Barry and Tony.

I was dressed in jet black skinny jeans along with a belt, and a black v neck sweater that was tucked into them, the sweat off my shoulder and exposing my side collarbone and the beginning of my chest, along with the white bralette I wore under it. My hair was straight as per usual, and there were black heeled boots on my feet, a necklace or two dangling from my neck to finish the look.

Joe looked at me, "Zee-"

"Before you say anything-" I held my notepad up, "I'm here on assignment."

Eddie softly laughed at me, "How did you even get in here?"

"It's amazing what she can do when she's only five feet tall-" Barry teased, crouched, getting his CSI kit ready.

"Hey-" I pointed my pen at him, "I grew three inches for your information-"

"Wow- three inches, that's so much-" Barry sarcastically said, making me hit him lightly in the back of the head, a chuckle leaving his lips.

"Guys-" Joe looks between us, "Can we focus on the matter at hand?"

I looked at him, "Oh- yeah-"

"I hope you guys skipped your breakfast." Barry inhales sharply and pulled off the sheet, showing us the completely burnt man.

"Whoa-" The word slipped out of Eddie's mouth instantly, "What the hell could do that?"

"2,400 degrees, give or take." Barry got up, wrapping the camera strap around his neck.

"This area's filled with combustibles." Joe looked around, "How come nothing else burned up?"

I watched Barry, "Where are you going?"

"You see the soot on the ground where the cement is burnt?" Barry climbed the bars and stood at the top of the stand, "That's evidence of arc blasts- happens when high-amperage currents travel or arc through the air."

I looked around while Barry took pictures from the top, "There's no live wires or utility poles."

Eddie begs the question, "So- how was this guy electrocuted?"

"Well, the first thing we need to do is ID him." Barry climbed down, walked back over and took a picture of the dead man.

"His face is melted off." Eddie mentioned the obvious, "How's that picture gonna help ID him?"

Barry smiles up at us, "I got mad skills."

"Oh god-" I shook my head at him, holding back a laugh, "Please don't ever say that again."

Barry shot me a look, as I could tell he was holding back a laugh also, "All right."

-

"People in this city need protecting, and if you don't get your speed, how the hell are we gonna keep them safe?" I heard Joe's voice from Barry's Lab as I slowly walked toward it, slowing down.

So Joe already knew.

That just confirmed that what I thought was correct.

"Joe, the meta who stole my speed, he burned up the body we saw in the alley today." Barry replies to his, his voice hushed, "You need to tell the police not to confront him, he's dangerous."

I take this as my cue to walk in, "Who's dangerous?"

"No one, just some thief." Joe quickly made up an excuse, as he was seated on Barry's desk.