25

"Hey, Zee." Barry answered my phone call, his tone focused and concentrated, "What's up?"

"Barry, I need your help-" I ducked from the gunshots that for my head, hiding behind a pillar, "Now!"

Shattering filled the line along with Barry's now varied voice, "Were those gunshots?"

"Yeah," I breathe heavily and rushed down the hall, a small shriek leaving my lips when a bullet breezed past my shoulder, making me hide once more in fear, "I'm at Baldwin Tower and I can't find a way out."

One month training with Oliver Queen for nothing.

He taught me how to fight actual people, not bullets.

The entire month, my powers never kicked in. I never understood or knew how I did what I did the day of the singularity.

Hell would those powers be useful now.

Barry thought quickly, "Window- is there window?"

"Yeah-" I began but to be cut off by more gunshots, shooting right for the window, making the huge glass connected to both shatter and break.

"Over here!" I heard one of the men shout, guns hitting the metal just a few inches over me, making me gasp.

I run for the window quickly, hiding behind the corner, looking at the huge window that held no glass, the frame scattered with tiny sharp pieces.

"Okay, I'm by the window," I put my phone back to my ear, "Don't say what I think you're gonna say-"

Despite my warning, Barry said exactly what I thought he would, "Okay, great, you're gonna need to jump."

"There's no way in hell I'm throwing myself out of a window, Barry-" I argued immediately, then hid more to the wall when gunshots hit the corner of the wall.

"Zee!" Barry's tone was urgent when he heard the following gunshots, "Do you trust me?

"Yes-" My voice lowered, "I trust you."

"Okay, then jump." The line cut out, my eyes shifting towards the broken window that was ahead of me.

"She's right there!" I heard a shout, bullets flying right past my face, the fear rising in my chest.

Then, I swallowed hard and ran for the window, leaping out, an immediate scream leaving my lips as I fell fast.

Suddenly, a pair of arms wrapped around me tightly, stopping in midair before rushing down to the ground, as I was suddenly on the sidewalk with Barry, who held my arms after putting me down, "You good?-"

I hugged in relief, my heart beat still racing, "Yeah-"

"All right." Barry turned to run back up but then stopped and looked at me, "Wait, uh- how many guys are up there?"

"Two." I pressed my palms together, "Oh- and they both have guns."

"Okay-" Barry ran up the building and in, a few shots going off, along with a few grunts, before he ran back down by me, throwing the two guns into the ground, "Okay, now they're taking little naps till the CCPD wakes them."

Barry places his hands on his sides, a small smile breaking on his lips as he looks at me, "So- what exactly were you thinking?"

"My boss gave me an assignment to write about other than you, and I got a hot lead on a real estate scam!" I said excitedly but defensively, standing in front of him directly, as he softly laughed at my words, "I mean, these guys have been illegally evicting people, breaking up families!-"