17

Caitlin walks into the cortex where we all stood that morning, "Death by apitoxin."

I held a rectangle clear plastic container, chewing on the mouthful of salad I just shoved into my mouth.

My hair was wavy and curled, ending right under my collarbone, as I was dressed in black ripped jeans, with a color block, frayed trim sweater on that consisted of different kinds of green, peach and burgundy colors, black combat boots on my feet.

Dr. Wells wheels next to me, "Honeybee venom."

"Bees- why did it have to be bees?" Cisco stares at the screen, "Y'all, I don't do bees, ain't nobody got time for bees-"

Dr. Wells leans his chin against his hand, "But- when a honeybee stings, the stingers are literally torn from their abdomen, and they die."

"But- there were no stingers in the body and no dead bees in the car." Barry points out.

Caitlin mentions, "A honeybee can only deposit .1 milligrams of apitoxin when it releases its stinger."

"And yet, Ms. Kang was found with enough venom in her system to kill a herd of elephants." Dr. Wells thought out loud, "It appears not only is a meta-human controlling these bees but also increasing their toxicity."

"Bees communicate by releasing pheromones." Barry began, "Maybe- this meta's controlling them through secretion?"

As I shove more salad into my mouth, setting my fork down into the container, Cisco speaks, "Anyone want to join me in getting a beekeeper suit?"

Barry looks at him with a small smile, self confidence filling him, "I'm pretty sure I can outrun a bee."

Felicity Smoak's recognizable voice filled the room, "Just don't run into a lake."

My head immediately snaps to him, my eyes widening with excitement as I let out a hum due to not being able to speak.

"Bees will wait for you to come up for air and then they'll sting you." Felicity points out, "Discovery Channel, turns out there's a lot to discover."

I chew as fast I could, swallowing my food as I set the container down, rushing over to her and hugging her, "Felicity, what are you doing here?"

Felicity hugs me back, then looks between us all, "Can you guys come outside for a sec?"

We all oblige, grabbing our jackets and following her outside of Star Labs, staring into the sky where she looked.

Dr. Wells was first to question, "What exactly are we waiting for, Ms. Smoak?"

"Up there." Felicity points to the small figure in the sky that was struggling to keep flight in a straight line.

Caitlin stares up at it, "Is that a bird?"

"It's a plane." Cisco tried to make out what it was.

I took a wild guess, "Is it Superman?"

A man lands on the ground, Felicity inhaling sharply as she looked at the man, "It's my boyfriend."