16

"I think Harrison Wells had everything to do with Simon Stagg's disappearance." I walked into Barry's Lab in the morning, where Joe sat and Barry stood, them both looking at me, "Mason Bridge ran that by me not even a day or two ago and guess what? Now, Mason Bridge is missing."

I had been too invested in this to even think about what had happened between Barry and I.

I was dressed in black skinny jeans with a white v neck tucked into it, black combat boots on my feet and a long beige cardigan hanging off my elbows due to me not pulling it up all the way.

"And at first, I doubted it, because I know the type of man Harrison Wells is, but I looked more into it and Simon Stagg disappeared right after Harrison Wells saw him." I continued, pointing at them, determined to get this all out before one of them could try and prove me wrong, "Mason Bridge was looking into Harrison Wells, and he probably found something because now he's gone!"

Barry's arms cross, "You may not know the man he really is."

I breathe heavily due to saying everything I said in one breath, "What?"

"Just, sit down-" Barry gestured to his desk, where I slowly sat on it, him pulling up the sheet, showing Joe and I a board he had made, all on Harrison Wells.

"All right, this is everything that we know about Harrison Wells, which is actually not a lot." Barry places his hands on his sides, looking over the board.

Joe questions, "Didn't you read a whole book about him?"

Barry huffs and sits next to me on the desk, "Yeah, 600 pages, and the big takeaway is, he's enigmatic."

"Your mom was killed by a speedster." Joe stares at the board, "Wells' machine turned you into a speedster- that's way too many coincidences for this old cop."

"Do you think that he wanted me to become The Flash?" Barry questions, looking between Joe and I.

It didn't take me long to realize they knew something was up with Dr. Wells as well.

"Everything he's done since that night you got struck by lightning bringing you to Star Labs, giving you the suit, training you it's all been to keep you safe." Joe said, slouching in his seat.

"And to make me faster." Barry ran a hand through his hair, "Wells once said that he needed more speed from me."

I looked at Barry, "Why?"

"I don't know." Joe sighs and stood up.

"Obviously, he needs something from you." I put my wavy hair behind my ears, "He wouldn't go through all this trouble just to not want something."

Joe stares at the board, "We just need to figure out what it is."

"Well, let's go get him then." Barry busts up, "Let's get some answers."

"That's not smart." I pointed at him, "Because that will expose that we know something and he will be one step ahead of us, and if he's been this patient since your mother's death, he probably knows how to get out whatever we would trap him in. It's best if we stay patient, suspicious, and cautious without him knowing."

Joe looks back at me, showing slight proudness, "Why didn't you become a cop again?"

I looked at him, "Because you wouldn't let me."

Joe recalls, nodding to the memory, "Oh yeah, that's right-"

"Joe, you had your suspicions about Wells from the very beginning." Barry stresses this, "You thought that he might be the man in yellow."