52

"Let go of me!" Joe was shouting when Alchemy's men had us both by our arms, Barry still in the air, held up by something neither of us could see.

Barry lets out a croak in pain, and it was enough for me, my eyes going black without intention, my palms heating up quickly, a blast erupting from my hands, sending everyone, including Joe, flying off their feet.

My head snapped toward Joe, my eyes slightly wide and still dark, "I'm sorry-"

Joe was waving me off as an 'it's okay', forcing himself up as Barry shouted at me, my head snapping towards him, "Blast him!-"

"Barry-" I stammer, "I can't see it-"

"Just do it!" Barry exclaimed loudly.

My palms erupting in flames, directly my blast at Barry, but it was halted by something between, holding Barry against the wall.

The heat that burst from my palms outlined just the back of what we were really dealing with, my eyes widening at how huge and how scary just that part of him looked.

"Alchemy!-" I heard Joe shout, rushing after him and his crew members who had grabbed the stone and were escaping.

Then, my blast came in contact with the wall, making me instantly cool down when Barry was no longer there, and was gone with whatever had him beat.

-

"Zee, if you don't let go of me soon, I think you might be the one that kills me-" Barry said to me when I stood in the cortex with him in the aftermath, hugging him as tight as I could, "I swear, I think I'm losing all circulation-"

"Oh- shut up, Barry-" I pulled back from him lightly to hold his face while he kept his arms around me tight, "I was worried sick about you-"

"I know- but, I'm okay- I promise-" Barry leaned his forehead against mine for a moment and pecked my lips, "How are you?"

I look at him, "What do you mean?"

"Your powers." Barry recalled, holding onto me tighter, "You used them-"

I nod slow, "Right-"

"Did I push you too far?" Barry put a strand of my hair behind my ear, "Are you okay?"

I gape at him, "Barry, you just got tossed around like a rag doll and you're asking me how I am?"

"I'm worried about you." Barry held my face with one hand and caressed my cheek, my expression softening almost instantly.

He always thought of me.

"I'm fine, Barry." I pushed myself onto my tippy toes and pressed my lips into his for a few moments, "I promise."

"Hey- what was that?" Cisco joined us in the cortex with HR, rubbing his head, "That frozen thing at the waterfront?"

"I don't know." Barry slowly let go of me, "But- now we know Alchemy is just the lackey- whatever that thing was, it's what we're really up against."

"Hey- how's your head?" I walked over to Cisco, putting a hand on his arm, having heard what happened already, "I could grab you an aspirin if you'd like-"

"I'm okay-" Cisco ruffles my hair, making me softly smile at him, scrunching my nose a little, "Took two already-"

"Question: you're the only one who can see him?" HR pointed a stick at Barry, "Why? I mean- why?"

"You're both speedsters." Cisco mentioned, "Maybe it has something to do with that."

"Maybe." Barry exhales slow, "But- I think he's more than a speedster. I mean, when he had me, it wasn't like we were even moving; it was just like, bam, we were instantly somewhere different, even from my perspective."