64

Everything was falling apart.

Not that things were better to begin with— but, they were getting much, much worse.

Caitlin was gone.

She had flatlined that very same night— Julian, teared off her necklace and she made the final switch. She was Killer Frost now and no where to be found.

Barry went to the future and we had one lead. One— most of his time there was spent witnessing what every single member of this team had become after my death. He helped them get back together and had a good chunk of arguments with his future self— and got one lead.

One.

Which was better than nothing.

"Her name is Tracy Brand." Barry's voice snapped me out of my daze— I looked up at him from where I sat behind the console between where Cisco and HR stood in the cortex. "She's one of the world's top theoretical physicist— or, at least she will be."

"No kidding." Cisco stared at the screen, mouth slightly opened. "Girl Scout earns her merit badges. 2021 Nobel Prize, Copley Medal, presidential commendation—"

Joe nodded lightly and gestured to the screen. "She's a genius, but what's that to us?"

"She's the key to stopping Savitar." Barry answered. "Future me said that four years from now, Dr. Brand invents the technology that traps Savitar in the Speed Force."

"Four years too late." Joe pointed out.

I played with the pen in my hands, resting my elbows on my desk next to my untouched coffee. "Yeah, but— if she invents the tech then, then she might working on the prototype now."

HR pointed at me with one of his drum sticks. "That's exactly right, so we should find her."

"Agreed." Cisco nodded once and then bent lightly to look at the monitor next to me, starting to type away to locate Tracy Brand.

Julian suddenly breaks the peaceful silence that last only a few seconds. "Sorry, why are we not looking for Caitlin again?"

"Easy, Romeo and Juliet." HR defended instantly. "None of us have forgotten about Caitlin."

"Right, but— future Flash already confirmed that she teams up with Savitar." Julian pointed out. "We should be doing everything in our power to stop that from happening."

"We know." Cisco and HR said in unison.

"Right, so what is Wally doing swanning off to Earth-3 to be with his girlfriend?" Julian looked around between us to pick at another member of this team and let out his anger. "He could be here right now looking for her. I mean, It's like no one's doing a thing—"

"That's not true." I looked up for just a moment and spoke softly. "Julian, we're doing everything we possibly can with the resources that we do have."

"Okay, what are you doing?" Julian fired back at me, looking for someone to pull his frustration out on. "Just sitting around watching this all come crashing down in front of you? Watching as everything falls apart and not do a single thing about it but complain about how we're trying to save your life and—"