60

"Freeze!" I had shouted with my gun aimed when I had emerged from the stairs at 6:30 am that morning in nothing but Barry's sweater, being rudely awoken by the sounds of quick rustling and loud ruckus, my half asleep mindset paired with the refreshing of my trauma just recently causing me to assume the worst.

Barry spun to face me, dropping one of the pans he was holding, his eyes wide with complete shock. "Holy-"

I dropped my arms to my side when I began to process the sight before me. Heart shaped balloons filled the entire living room, along with bouquets of roses and dishes of chocolates; to my dismay, the surprise didn't stop there. The kitchen counter was filled with plates piled with food, the scent of entire space mainly being occupied by the scents coming from the kitchen. "What the f-"

"Happy Valentine's Day?" Barry held up the pan he hadn't dropped. "I made- breakfast? Was I too loud?"

"Were you too loud?" I repeated his words in disbelief and rushed down the rest of the stairs, setting my gun on the side table. "I thought you were a thief! Or some crazy meta human trying to find a weapon to kill me- I was fully prepared to go full Heat Wave on your ass!"

He slowly set the pan down on the kitchen counter and gestured to the door. "Honey, there's five locks on our door-"

"Yorkin turned the door before it to ash." I pointed out and walked further into the living room. "Can you blame me?"

"Of course not." Barry walked over to me and grabbed my face in his hands; the tips of his fingers tangling themselves into my hair. "Especially after what you went through on Earth-2. I'll try to keep it down next time- actually, knowing you- you'd still be paranoid- I'll leave a note."

A small smile formed on my lips, leaning into his embrace slightly. "Is that pancakes?"

"Yes." Barry pressed my forehead and grabbed my hand, dragging me into the kitchen. He picked up the pan from the ground and set it aside before he began pointing to the multiple plates spread against the island. "We got pancakes and waffles, some French toast, bacon and sausage, perfectly cooked- I didn't make eggs because I know you hate them, so- I settled for picking up some scones instead- the blueberry ones you've grown to like- oh, and I picked up your usual go to- large, by the way-"

"Barry!" My eyes were wide at the variety in front of me. "Are you crazy? What has gotten into you?"

"Well— being with you makes me want to do things like this." He reached and put a strand of my messy hair behind my ear, catching eye of the look that was plastered on my face. "What's wrong? Did I do something wrong?"

"Nothing wrong-" I shook my head slowly and then turned my head to look up at him, meeting his eyes. "Well, no one's ever done stuff like this for me before- you spoil the hell out of me-"

"I know." Barry wrapped his arms around me and hugged me against him. "You deserve the best-"

"We're going to go broke one day." I crossed my arms over my chest. "With all this- coffee, and- these amazing breakfast foods-"

"We'll manage." Barry hugged me tighter and locked his hands behind me. "I love you."

I pushed myself onto my tippy toes and pecked his lips, grabbing hold of his face in both of my hands. "I love you."

"Um, so- do you actually want any of this?" Barry began to mumble against my lips when he began backing up into the living room.

"Mhm-" I put my hands on his shoulders and jumped; wrapping my legs around his waist. "Later, though-"