29

"Okay. I can't do it right now, all right?-" Barry barely took more than six steps without almost collapsing, sitting down in Wells' chair.

We were all gathered around in the cortex, trying to help Barry walk and get back on his feet during his recovery.

I was dressed in a white t shirt, one that was tucked into black jeans, wearing black combat boots and a navy blue leather jacket over top.

"Oh, yes you can, Barry-" Joe tried to assure him, holding the cane he had been using.

Barry shook his head, "No, no, no-"

Joe sighed, patting Barry's back when he had sat down, "We've been making so much progress."

"Yep, six whole steps." Barry remarked, scoffing lightly, "Someone get me a Bozo button-"

I rubbed his shoulders, "I'd give you a gold star-"

Barry placed a hand on mine, leaning back into the chair at the contact of my touch.

"Hey, give yourself some credit." Cisco patted Barry's back, "You just broke your back."

Iris nodded, "Yeah, a normal person would've been paralyzed the rest of his life."

Barry questions, "How long until I'm fully healed?"

"The initial MRI I took a week ago showed a complete dislocation at the T12-L1 interspace of the thoracolumbar junction." Caitlin said, "But this is the MRI I took this morning- it's remarkable, but you're almost completely healed."

Barry inhales, "I'm still having trouble breathing-"

"That's totally normal with a spinal injury." Caitlin assured him, "It should clear up soon."

"We're going to get you back in that suit, Barry." Joe said when Barry turned in his chair to look at his suit, "Real quick, trust me."

Barry huffed, "What are we gonna do about Zoom?"

Joe shrugs, "No sign of him since Zee nailed him with that tranq dart."

"And I haven't vibed since then." Cisco added.

Iris trailed off, "Maybe Zoom's not coming back."

"No way-" I looked back at her, "After the show he put on? I bet he's coming to gloat-"

"I agree." Harry suddenly walked in the room, "Which is why I'm gonna go do something about it."

Caitlin watched him walk to the middle of the room, "What do you mean, go do something about it?"

Harry stood in front of Barry's chair, "I need access to your breach room and your speed cannon."

"Why is that?" Barry questions.

"Because, Barry," Harry put on his backpack, looking at him, "It's time to go home."

"Go home?" I repeat, "You're leaving?"

"So, you show up on our Earth, you screw everything up, and now you want to go home?" Joe gaped are Harry, "Sounds very familiar."

"Again, that wasn't me." Harry pointed out, "I need to go take care of Zoom once and for all before anyone else gets killed."

Barry looks at him, "How do you plan on doing that?"

"I'll think of something." Harry turned to leave the room, "Ramon, if you'll escort me to the speed cannon."

"Wait, no-" I stopped him, shaking my head, pointing at him, "No, you can't go through the breach-"

"Yeah, he can." Cisco looks at me, "Jay taught us how to send people-"