41

"You need to eat." Jay ran in, his voice demonic and his eyes black, his face covered by his mask, as I sat on a bed, my wrists chained, a small power dampening cuff on my wrist as well, a tray of Big Belly Burger set in front of me, one I hadn't touched in hours since he had gotten it for me, "Zee."

"If you want to speak to me, then take off that mask." I snipped, looking up at him, "I already know who you are- so, what's the point- right?"

He ran off quick, then came back, his face revealed, dressed in normal clothes, "Does this make you feel better?"

I shook my head and looked back down at my hands, "You think anything you could do could make me feel better?"

"You don't need to be afraid- I'm not gonna hurt you." He took a step closer to me, "I care too much about you to do that."

"Oh yeah?" I gape at him in surprise, almost laughing, "You killed someone who looked exactly like me- who, might I add- was your little sister."

"I had to." Jay took a few more steps toward me til he was standing right next to me, putting his hand finger under my chin and tilting my face up to look at him, "For someone so smart, I'm surprised you haven't pieced together why you're so important to me."

"Oh yeah?" I blink, "Enlighten me."

"I want you to replace her." Jay's words made my heart drop, "At first, I wanted to find someone just like her- tragic loss, terrible background, grew up to be a disaster but then I met you- and well, I thought to myself- why not turn a good heart bad? Because bad hearts can go good, but- there's no going back from a good heart going bad."

I stare, "That's why you killed Hunter."

"Ding, ding, ding-" Jay points at me with his other hand, "As long as he was in the way, it couldn't have been just you and me- you couldn't have been just- mine. I needed a way to get you to get closer to me. Why not cope about your dead brother with the guy who looks exactly like him, right?"

I pulled my face away from his touch, "You're sick."

"For wanting a family? You're all I need, Zee." He crouched in front of me, "I care about you too much to let anyone else have you-"

"Oh, cut the crap-" I snapped at him, saying his real name just to taunt him, "You only care about yourself, Hunter."

Jay squeezed her eyes shut, before opening them, "I know you think that I'm a monster- and I understand why- but, that'll change."

"Oh, when my heart goes dark?" I looked away from him, "That'll never happen."

Jay trails off, "Please, Zee- you've got to give me something here."

"Shut it." I snapped my head towards him, "Why are you keeping me here? You're cured- and I will never want what you want- so, you don't need me for anything-"

"You're here because I love you." Jay said to me, "It may take a while, but- someday, you'll start feeling that way about me, too. And then- everything will be back to normal again."

I stare at him, not saying anything.

"Make yourself at home." Jay got up, pushing some hair out of my face, then breaking the chains around my wrists, keeping the cuff on, "You're gonna be here a while."

-

"Fire hands-" Killer Frost's voice filled my ears, making me turn at the sound, seeing her in the cell that Barry was in, "Long time."

"Frost-" I blinked, "I thought you were dead-"

"You would think so." Killer Frost shrugged and walked toward the glass, "He locked him up- don't know why he didn't kill me."