2

Nine months. It had been nine months since the Particle Accelerator had exploded, and set us all at unease.

Mostly, because Barry Allen had been in a coma ever since. I had woken up a day later that night, with no recollection besides the accelerator exploding.

In the hospital bed, Barry kept dying, and it gave us all an unexplainable amount of worry.

Soon, Harrison Wells, whom was the reason this happened, also affected and now in a wheelchair himself, had offered to bring Barry to Star Labs.

To treat him there, instead of the hospital.

We had met Caitlin and Cisco along the way, whom I had become good friends with due to visiting Barry as often as I could, along with Iris and Joe.

But, despite their attempts, there was no progress on Barry.

It was like any other day, where I would come to Jitters, and brainstorm what to write for my article there.

Iris had left at least thirty minutes ago, and I sat at a table alone, my headphones in, my laptop in front of me.

I was dressed in a pair of black ripped jeans, black heeled boots on my feet to match them. I had a slim emerald green long sleeve on, and my hair was shorter than it was nine months ago, as it ended mid chest.

My hair was straight and in two braids, a gray beanie on my head to finish off the look.

My eyes were glued to my computer screen, as I typed away, my music blasting in my ears, the strong aroma of coffee filled in the cafe.

I looked up for a second, grabbing my iced coffee, taking a sip, but I had to do a double take.

My heart stopped.

There he was.

Barry Allen walked through the doors of Jitters, his eyes glued to me, and he looked better than ever.

I choked on my drink.

I fell into a coughing fit, setting down my coffee, pulling out my headphones.

Barry walked over to me, his hand rubbing my back.

I couldn't believe he was touching me right now.

The second I calmed down, I leaped up and into his arms, my arms tight around his shoulders, my legs folding due to how I was hanging off of him due to our height differences, "Barry-"

Barry's arms wrapped about me tight, as he held me right there, "Hey, you."

I slipped away from him, my hands on his forearms, "You're awake- oh my god, why didn't Star Labs call us?"

Barry's boyish grin grew, "I just woke up."

"Should you even be up?" I was astonished, "Do you want a coffee- to sit down?-"

"Zee, I'm- I'm okay." Barry nods towards me lightly in assurance, "I promise."

My expression faded when the thought crosses my mind, "I watched you die, Barry- over and over, I mean, your heart kept stopping. I don't think you should be up- I think you need to rest-"

"Hey-" Barry grabbed my hand and placed it over his heart, "Still beating."

"Yeah-" My voice went quiet, "Really fast-"

I jump at the sound of glass shattering, my head turning towards it, noticing Iris' coworker, Tracy on the ground, cleaning up the mess she just made.

When I looked back at Barry, he looked like he had just seen a ghost.

"Barry?" I caught his attention, "Are you okay?"