14

"Oh, Buster Keaton." Cisco's voice filled my ears along with Dr. Wells' laughter, music in the back, "That guy was a genius."

I walked closer to the cortex, holding my shoes in hands, as Cisco speaks again, "I can't believe you've never seen this movie."

There was crunching of popcorn as Dr. Wells spoke, "Must have been before my time."

I walked into the cortex, an irritated look on my face, as they were seated in chairs, staring at the tv they set up in front of them.

"You look like you could kill someone." Cisco notices as I walked over to them, "I'm guessing bowling didn't go so well?"

"Not only is it irritating that Iris thinks I need to three wheel her and Eddie to reach some sort of social life, but- Barry and Linda showed up." I dropped my shoes and sat between them on the ground.

Dr. Wells looks down at me, "That's bad because?"

"I don't like Linda!" I blurt out in annoyance, "She's- ugh, I don't know- I just hate her."

Cisco looks at me as well, "Because she's with Barry?"

"Because she's with Barry!" I gesture towards him, then immediately covering my mouth when I said that, my eyes widening.

Cisco starts smiling, sitting up in his seat, "You so have a crush on Barry."

"Are we in middle school?" I took a handful of popcorn from him, then mumbled, "I don't have a crush on Barry- I just don't like Linda at all."

Before either of them could reply, the monitor began to beep, Cisco pulling himself to it his chair, "Silent alarm has been tripped at the Central City Morgue."

Dr. Wells was confused, "Why would anyone want to rob a morgue?"

As Dr. Wells wheels out the room, Cisco and I ran behind the console, where we saw that Barry was already on the scene.

"What's going on, Barr?" I asked, "What do you see?"

"Zee?" Barry's voice sounded confused, "I thought you went to the bathroom-"

"I didn't say which bathroom, did I?" I simply said before going back on subject, "What do you see?"

Barry sighs, "A dead body."

I roll my eyes, "Barry, you're in a morgue."

"Zee's right-" Cisco said, "You're gonna have to be a little more specific than that."

Barry speaks again, "The coroner, he's dead."

-

"So- Clyde Mardon has a brother?" Caitlin asked as we all stared at the screen where their profiles were pulled up the next day.

I was dressed in medium wash ripped jeans and a army green button up shirt, a black tank top under it, resulting in me keeping the first few buttons unbuttoned, letting my shirt fall off the shoulder, black combat boots on my feet, my hair straight.

Dr. Wells wheels over, "And both brothers survived the plane crash, and then the dark matter released from the particle accelerator explosion affects them both in virtually the same way."

"Yeah, only Mark's powers seem to be a lot more precise." Barry said, "To be able to control the weather like that, indoors?"

"You'd have to be a Weather Wizard." Cisco seemed proud of himself as he took a sip of his red slurpee, "Ooh, been waiting since week one to use that one."

Cisco freezes when he gets a brain freeze as Caitlin speaks, "Trigeminal headache?"

Cisco and I speak in unison, "What?"