30

"Man, this was a bloodbath." Joe stared at the photos were taken at their newest crime scene, as we stood in Barry's Lab.

"Done by one person." Barry nodded lightly, crossing his arms, his eyes scanning the photos.

"One person did all this?-" I wrote down on my notepad, "Why would you say that?-"

"You can see from the blood pattern." Barry went in depth explanation, pointing at the photos, "This guy was shot first, then the police chief, then these three were stabbed before finishing off the captain."

"Alright, and would you say that a meta did it?" I questioned, writing down word for word what he was saying.

"I don't know, but- I found this in all of the stab victims' wounds." Barry lifted up a small evidence bag, "It's some type of cryptocrystalline- flint, most likely, probably broke off the blade during the fight- I'll run it to make sure."

Joe points, "Let's see what stores sell those kind of flint knives."

"Thank you-" I shut my notepad and set it down, smiling at him sweetly, "My article is going to have a nice kick to it when I have direct quotes from CSI Barry Allen-"

"You're welcome-" Barry reached and ruffled my hair, as I scrunched my nose and ruffled his back, before picking up my bag, along with my notepad.

"I will- call you tonight?" I pointed at Barry with my pen, fixing my hair, taking a step back, "Seven?"

"Uh, yes- seven-" Barry softly smiled, suddenly looking slightly nervous, looking toward Joe.

"So cute." Joe was smiling like an idiot between us both, "You guys are trying not to be affectionate in front of me-"

Barry broke, facing him, "Can I kiss her-"

"Yeah, yeah, go ahead-" Joe waves it off, looking back down at the file, "Kiss her-"

A giggle left my mouth when Barry quickly took a step toward me and backed me into the pillar, pressing his lips into mine as I held his face with one hand, my other arm swinging around his neck.

-

I stared at myself in the mirror, swallowing hard at what I was wearing, while applying a bit of gloss on.

I was dressed in a deep red cami dress, one that ended at my knees, and had spaghetti straps. My hair was straightened and my makeup was light, my height boosted by a few inches by the heels I wore.

Barry and I were going to dinner.

And I was slightly freaking out that this was actually happening.

Barry and I actually accepted our feelings for each other and now are doing something about it.

And that made fear spark up inside of me.

There was a light knock on my door at seven sharp, my heart stopping at the sound.

I slowly walked over and swung the door open to see Barry, holding roses, just like he said he would, in a black suit and tie.

I was the first to speak, blinking a few times, "Did Joe help you pick that out?"

Barry swallows hard, eyeing me up, "Zee, you look-"

"Unusual? I don't usually wear dresses." I rested a hand on the door frame, "You sure we can't just put on some sweats and watch a movie?"

"I was going to say- gorgeous." Barry cleared his throat lightly and looks up at me with a small smile, "We could- if I hadn't already made dinner reservations."