3

"Look at what I did!" Iris announced as she gestured toward me proudly, as we walked into Barry's Lab.

I was rolling my eyes, because usually I never wore dresses as much as Iris did, and she was the one who had helped me get ready.

My hair was curled and was half up, half down, the upper part braided. I was dressed in an navy blue cocktail dress, one that was high low and off the shoulder. I wore heels on my feet that went with my dress, a charm bracelet on my wrist to accessorize.

Barry looks up, her eyes taking up and down my body, his stare fixed on me.

"What?" I stopped, "Why are you staring at me like that?"

"You look really- nice." Barry blinks a few times, walking over to his other desk, continuing with what he was doing.

"Why don't you look nice?" I questioned, walking over to him, "This afternoon? Suit and tie? The university is giving Simon Stagg-"

"Simon Stagg." Barry closed his eyes and sighs, showing me that he forgotten.

I began nodding my head, "Yeah- he's getting some big award and you agreed to-"

"To explain the science stuff for your article." Barry's sighs deeply, "It's all coming back to me now."

I playfully roll my eyes and cross my arms, "How fast can you get home and change?"

Barry shrugs lightly, "Uh, pretty fast."

"Hey, Allen." Eddie walked in, Iris looking at him instantly, "Joe asked me to see where you're at on the evidence from the gun store shooting- oh, hey, Iris."

Iris clears her throat, "Detective."

I shot them both a weird look, "That isn't necessary?"

"Please, guys, uh, just kiss already." Barry agreed with me, "I already know, remember?"

Iris broke out into a smile and kissed Eddie for a brief moment as Eddie spoke when they pulled away, "Thanks for being so cool about this, Barry, I know it's not easy keeping a big secret."

Barry sighs and walked away from us, "I'm getting used to it."

-

"I find it quite remarkable, having once been a timid freshman at Central City University, to be standing before you now, the regents choice for man of the year." Simon Stagg spoke, holding the award in his hands, "While I very much appreciate the award, the real honor for me is knowing that my work in organ transference helps give people a second chance at life, thank you all very much for coming."

Barry walked with me after Stagg's speech, "All right, first things first, Simon Stagg's work in cellular cloning has led to huge advancements in the future of organ replacement-"

"Science, science, science, -drinks!" I grabbed two glasses of champagne, "Are reporters allowed to drink on the job?"

"Okay-" Barry took them from me and put them down, "If you are bored already, just wait till we get to the science behind cellular regeneration."

"Wow, I'm so excited!" I sarcastically said, a genuine smile on my lips as we came to a stop, "I'm happy you came- even if you did forget."

"I wouldn't miss hanging out with you-" Barry nudges me, as I shot him a look, "Okay, well- I've had a crazy few weeks."

"How's settling back in doing?" I question, but then I spot Simon Stagg, quickly calling out for him, "Mr.
Stagg! I was wondering if I could get a quote from you for my article?"