8

"Hey." I came to Barry's side, holding my notepad in my hands, my eyes falling onto Eddie, Joe and Captain Singh speaking in his office, "What's going on in there?"

Barry inhales sharply, "I think Eddie's trying to convince the Captain that The Flash is public menace."

"Wait- what?" I blurt out, this being completely unexpected to me.

Eddie walks out of the office, as I was the first to speak, "How'd it go- you know, trying to convince Captain Singh that the hero in this city is a public menace?"

Eddie sighs deeply, "Save it for your blog-"

I blink hard, looking at him in disbelief, "Excuse me?"

"Sorry-" Eddie huffs, "No worries, okay? The Captain shot me down."

"As he should." I leaned my weight on one leg, "You sure you didn't hit your head somewhere? Because- from what we all know and can see- The Flash isn't a public menace, Eddie."

"We all have our own opinions, don't we?" Eddie said, before sighing once more and walking away from us.

"Nice." Barry nudges me, "Thanks for that."

"No problem." I inhale sharply, "I was gonna say something either way."

"Barry, you guys need to get to Star Labs." Joe whispers to us as he walks by, making sure no one heard.

"Yeah, we will-" Barry nods, looking around, "After I eat."

"I need a lift-" Before I could finish my sentence, I was scooped into his arms, as he ate Captain Singh's food first, then ran us to Star Labs.

-

Dr. Wells wheeled into the cortex, "Anger, hate, aggression."

"A Jedi craves not these things." Cisco impersonates, as Barry and I shot him a look, "No one is feeling that quote?"

"Everyone in the bank went total savage for, like, five minutes." Barry leaned against the console, his arms crossed, "And then they were fine again."

I shrug, "Anger can be a powerful emotion."

Dr. Wells nods, "Ms. Young is right, If this meta-human can engender irrational feelings of anger in his victims, he can do a lot of damage."

"Detective West helped get a copy of the CAT scans the hospital did on everyone at the bank." Caitlin walked in and pulled it up on the screens for us to see, "Take a look."

Dr. Wells observes, "Well, look at this, the emotion centers of the brains are still showing signs of being overwhelmed."

"Particularly the area that controls executive function." Caitlin points out, "That's the part of the brain that stops people from doing whatever random and potentially destructive thing that pops into their head."

"How do you think the meta does it to them?" asked Barry, looking back at her.

"That's the 1/2 million dollar question." Caitlin shrugged, as she sat down in the chair.

I sat down in an office chair myself, grabbing my backpack, pulling out my laptop.

Barry pulls up and chair next to me, "Any new blog posts on your favorite superhero?"

"I don't have a blog on Spider-Man." I looked at him clueless for a moment, holding back a laugh.

Barry playfully shoves me, making me laugh, "I haven't gotten around to writing any new posts."

Barry leans his head against my shoulder and looks at the screen of my computer, "You're getting a lot of readers-"

"Because they're interested in the Flash." I bit the inside of my lip, "I mean- I honestly think he's pretty cool."