|| 032|| Four Arms Give Better Hugs 🐛 O/AnCo

Art by EgoCider on Twitter

Juniper x !GN! Reader

Ok, as a note, I'm writing this chapter as more as a comfort chapter for me as of writing this. So there's that. A little bit of self projection from me to the reader. Also, Juniper is becoming more and more of a comfort streamer for me, as is Snuffy, who will be getting her own chapter soon too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

You felt the little pricks of anxiety and nervousness tug at your emotions. From outside your bedroom, you could hear Juniper vacuuming up shards of glass, the dulled sounds of the tv could barely be heard.

You unconsciously squeezed the pillow in your grasp a little tighter, furrowing your brows at the soft pounding in your skull. You shook your head, a headache was the last thing you needed right now.

You were scared. Not ten minutes before, you'd gotten into an argument with one of your friends who you had invited over for the night.

Right from the get go, Juniper hadn't been fond of them. The moth's antennae would twitch every now and then, her wings fluttering in annoyance as she watched your friend's words getting angrier and angrier over the course of the night.

Juniper had decided to take a breath of fresh air out on the small balcony you had, and that was when shit hit the fan.

Your friend had snapped over something small, screaming out in annoyance. You wanted to bite back with equally as harsh words, but you didn't get a chance. Before you knew it, they had swept one of the glasses off the table, letting it shatter against the floor. They tugged you forward, making you step on the broken shards.

Both of you froze when you heard an all too familiar layered voice break through the tension, echoing off the walls. Your friend paused, seeing a thoroughly pissed off Juniper, who was already showing signs off turning full moon.

You were shaking from the pain by now, stumbling to the bedroom numbly when Juniper motioned for you to. From that point onward, you had no idea what happened.

You turned your head towards the door, seeing Juniper standing there with a worried look on her face and a first aid kit in hand. Neither of you spoke a word as the moth carefully pulled out small bits of glass out through your sock. You weren't sure how, but you were certain Juniper had done something to alleviate the pain, considering you felt know (aside from the occasional twinge). You barely even noticed when she finished bandaging up your foot.

The bed dipped silently under Juniper's added weight. Out of habit, you leaned against her, taking in the warmth she radiated. It calmed you. Out of the corner of your eye, you could see a few strands of white fluff.

"C'mere" Juniper mumbled softly into the top of your head. You felt her arms moving around you, allowing you to move further into her embrace. It was nice, it gave you something to hold on to, mentally and physically.

You let the pillow go in order to wrap your arms around your moth girlfriend's neck, nuzzling your face into the soft fur on her chest/neck. Juniper's lower set of arms wrapped around your waist, her hands rested on the small of your back. A third hand came up and started running her fingers through your hair in a comforting motion, and the last hand reached behind her neck and carefully took one of your own hands in hers.

You weren't sure when she started, but some time during the cuddling, Juniper started whispering softly into your ear. It was mostly sweet nothings, but a few sounded like passive threats against your friend.

Eventually, the combination of Juniper's soft and warm fluff, her fingers combing through your hair and the sweet whispers of fondness drove you into a tired stupor. You groaned softly, feeling our eyelids drooping lower and lower with every second.

You swore you heard Juniper say something as you fell asleep, something about having a nice rest. You also felt the moth pulled the comforter up to your shoulders, her antennae brushing gently across your cheek. The added weight was the last straw for your tired self.

The morning view was quite a nice sight when you woke up the next morning. Soft rays of pale light filtering through the mostly closed curtains. Beside you, Juniper still had her arms planted firmly around you, with your face tucked right under her chin, propped upon the moth fuzz.

You just closed your eyes and tried to catch a few more hours of sleep.