|| 098.25 || Father Figure 💀 AnCo/O

Art by Ninomae Ina'nis on twitter (thank you priestess!)

Requested by my dumb brain oozing more bad slime than good slime (haha comedy)

Calliope Mori + !Gender Neutral!Teenager!Reader (I swear if any of you read this as romantic you're going to meet the business end of Ricky.)

I swear to fucking Matsuri if any of you read this as romantic I'm taking both your knees and our ankles.

(Vent fic because I want a dad like Calli and because I need to do something about my goddamn emotions and then End of a Life came on and I decided to cling on to this amazing reaper.)

Just in case anyone needs a TW (idk, feel like I should put one here) for gender dysphoria and self-hate, so feel free to skip this chapter, and if you really have nothing nice to say please kindly don't say anything.

(Also just a quick thank you to everyone who helped me decide on if I posted this or not.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You felt detached, barely able to comprehend the feeling of blankets brushing over your fingertips and the plushness of your pillow. You were only aware of the crushing feeling settling in your chest and the anxiety writhing in the bottom of your stomach. The darkness around you felt like it could swallow you at any point, and a part of you felt okay with that. You seriously doubted anyone would care if they did.

'What is wrong with me?' You whimpered, and although your eyes stung and throat constricted, you didn't let the tears trickle forth. It was such a practiced motion, something you could do so easily that it felt like you couldn't even cry if you wanted to.

Just another thought, catching another glance of your reflection in the screen of your device made you wince and curl further into your little ball of self-hate. You just felt wrong, like this body was not your own, like you were supposed to be someone else just better than you. Any body would feel better than the one you had right now.

'Why does everything feel wrong? Where did everything go wrong? I shouldn't feel like this, I don't have any reason! My life's been fine and... Agh! Stupid!' You grumbled, emotions more frayed than ripped fabric. The burning tugged at the corner of your eyes, your nails digging into your skin as you felt a few tears slip down your cheeks.

'Why am I me? And why does me have to be so fucking... stupid!' You tugged at the hoodie you were wearing, so soft and comfy, just barely able to keep your emotions at bay. For a moment you briefly considered grabbing your phone and going to Google, pondering how much paracetamol would be too much.

"Dude, don't do it," You felt your heartrate spike. Glancing over the pillow wall lining your bed, you could vaguely spot a figure who seemingly glowed in the dark. Wine-red eyes seemed disheartened and sad.

Calliope Mori.

What? You blinked, rubbing your eyes in confusion. Pinched yourself, making sure you weren't asleep. This was real? It couldn't be. However amazing this would be if it were real, Calliope Mori was an avatar, not real. A virtual mask that an entirely different person hid behind.

She offered a small smile.

"Hey, mind doing me a favour?" You sniffled, rubbing your eyes clear. You didn't respond.

"Come here and give me a hug?" She opened her arms for you. You didn't move for a split second, blinking and considering your options as your brain still struggled to figure out what the hell was actually happening.