|| 052|| Life Isn't Always Happy 🥐🍙 O/An

Oh ho ho, you better buckle up cause this is gonna be angsty as fuck >:)

Also I'm sorry that the pic is low quality I couldn't find the high res version of it

Art is by さくらゆうすけ on twitter

Inugami Korone x !GN!Reader x Nekomata Okayu

Angst

Suicide warning

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"(Y/N)~ (Y/N)~" Korone happily hummed your name as she skipped in the direction of your room. Okayu had just left the house, and Korone being the overly affectionate doggo she is, required your presence.

She suddenly halted in her movements, a sudden gut-wrenching feeling gripping her quite hard. Something was wrong, very wrong. Her tail became unnaturally still, and her ears perked forward, trying to catch the small sounds that usually came from behind your door, such as the sound of your computer if you were playing games, or the sound of your footsteps as you moved around, but this time there was nothing. It was dead quite.

Korone suddenly found herself not wanting to even go near your room, and she started making whining sounds as she retreated. She should just take a nap, everything is better after a nap, right? Yeah, she'd feel better after a nap.

Korone shut all the blinds in the living room and brought several pillows and blankets over to the couch, making a small nest. She grabbed the remote and turned on the tv to fill some of the silence. While she was extremely warm and comfortable, and was starting to feel drowsy, Korone just couldn't fall asleep, no matter how many times she readjusted herself.

By the time Korone had just about fallen asleep, she heard the jingling of keys and the light footsteps of Okayu. In an instant, all the sleepiness had left Korone and she rushed towards the door to greet the catgirl.

"Okayu~!! You're back! Please don't leave, something is wrong in (Y/N)'s room and I didn't want to go in alone" Korone buried her face in Okayu's chest, happily inhaling her scent. Okayu gave Korone a few headpats, then paused when she took in what the doggirl had said.

"Something wrong? I'm sure it's fine. I'll go with first if it makes you feel better" Korone nodded and looked up at Okayu with big eyes. Okayu let her ears flop slightly as she relaxed in her home. She gently took Korone's hand in her own and walked down the hall to your room. As soon as they came near it, they both felt the same foreboding feeling that Korone had felt earlier. Okayu made a hand gesture that Korone could stay here.

Okayu gently opened the door.

As soon as she did she instantly regretted it. Okayu felt her ears pin against the back of her head in shock, and she felt tears burning the edges of her eyes. She took a step back which caught the attention of Korone, who walked over to see what Okayu did. Okayu saw Korone approaching the door and she yanked her away, pulling her into a tight hug and began crying. More focussed on this, Korone returned the hug and started whispered words of comfort to her, not knowing why she was crying.

When Okayu was calm enough to not need to anchor herself to Korone, the doggirl slipped out of her embrace and looked through the open door. As soon as she saw what was inside she gasped in pure shock and horror.

(A little suicide warning here)

Korone suddenly felt the need to throw up, despite the fact that she was fine moments ago. But, I guess anyone would feel that way if they found one of their significant others hanging from the ceiling.

All the blinds were closed and the room was dark, apart from the lamp at your desk which cast a soft glow on your pale body.

Your neck was sticking out at an awkward angle, and your eyes had turned from a bright (eye colour) to an lifeless grey hued iris. Your neck looked bloodied and raw from the rope rubbing against it almost constantly. For some reason, you kept softly swaying from side to side.

Korone tried to look anywhere but at your stone cold face, but she failed massively. Okayu, on the other hand, found herself unable to look anywhere near you. Instead, she moved over to where the desk lamp was shining on a piece of paper which had your handwriting scrawled upon it, along with several tearstains.

Okayu brought her hand up to her mouth to muffle the sobs as she read the letter. Behind her, Korone was slowly approaching your body, like she couldn't believe you were actually dead. She jumped back in shock when she felt how cold your hand was.

"W-what do w-we do?" Korone whimpered. Okayu stayed silent, just crying. She crumpled the note and stashed it away in her hoodie's pocket, not wanting Korone to read it. Her tail dragged against the floor and she gently took Korone's hands in hers.

"We should probably tell the others... They should know and it should be good for us to be around friends right now" She said almost inaudibly. Korone leaned into her and stiffly nodded.

Over the next few hours, Korone layed on Okayu's lap, no moving nor making a single sound while the catgirl called up the rest of the hololive members, telling them what happened. She started with Hololive Gamers, considering they were the closest to you and you worked directly with the behind the scenes. Within the hour, both Fubuki and Mio had shown up at the house to comfort Okayu and Korone, bring snacks with them. Korone tried to push them away from her, nuzzling further into Okayu.

Part way through phoning everyone, Okayu broke down and left it to Mio to call up the rest and tell them what happened.

I guess life isn't always happy, huh?