|| 114 || You're A Star! 👓 O/F

Art by Ninomae Ina'nis on Twitter

━━━━━━━

Yuujin A (A-Chan) x !Gender Neutral!Reader

Requested by → Damascus_1271

Word Count → 722 Words

Warnings → None

(Quick note, reader is an idol here. Not necessarily a part of Hololive. Could be before, during or after or even your own little entert- I mean idol agency.)

(Also One Week of Sana is officially finished for any of you who were waiting for it to finish before reading it.)

━━━━━━━

"I can't do this! I can't do this! I can't do this!" You fretted, pacing back and forth as your nerves and anxiety skyrocketed. Your idol outfit swished and flittered with every sharp turn, bumping and dragging along various objects stacked up on your dresser. If you had looked in the mirror, you would've winced from your tear-streaked face. And after Friend A had helped your style your hair, too.

Now, back to the situation at hand. 

You could hear the cheering crowd outside, the sound of stomping feet and rambunctious cries of joy as the previous performer sang their heart out. You knew that would be you in a moment, standing on a neon-lit stage with thousands upon thousands of eyes on you. The very thought made your gut churn.

But this was what you loved doing. Performing, entertaining, bringing joy and everything else that was a part of the idol gig.

You were so busy panicking and pacing, that you didn't hear the faint knock on your door, nor did you hear it open.

A-Chan sighed seeing your dishevelled form. She expected this for your first concert and had therefore come prepared. After all, she'd gone through this whole song and dance with Sora all those years ago.

"(Y/N), talk to me," She reached out and placed a comforting hand on your shoulder. You stiffened ever so slightly under her touch, but you gave her a weak smile anyway.

"Nerves?" A-Chan quirked an eyebrow in a bemused fashion. You tried to chuckle, but it came out forced and cracked.

"Yeah. I'm sure I'll get over it once I'm actually singing, but it doesn't make me feel any better now," You strode over to your mirror, letting A-Chan grab your brush and try to restyle your hair. It was soothing, and you were able to finally calm yourself and wipe the tears from your face.

A-Chan pursed her lips and hummed in thought, like she was trying to recall all the tips and tricks she'd learnt over the year to help with your stage freight.

"If it makes you feel any better, I'll be in the audience cheering you on," She leaned over slightly, grabbing a few wet wipes to clear away the tear stains on your cheeks. You felt your face heat up ever so slightly as she carefully swiped a few locks of hair out of your face, gently dabbing the wet wipe over your cheeks.

"Now, can you repeat after me? I am a star!" A-Chan took a step back and pumped her fists. You rolled your eyes and chuckled, one that was much more sincere than before.

"I'm a star," You felt your lips quirking upwards in a smile. A-Chan huffed.

"You can do better than that!" She hyped, pulling you to your feet. "You are a star!".

"I am a star!" You repeated with more gusto.

"YOU ARE A STAR!" A-Chan was bordering on aggressive.

"I AM A STAR!" You jumped on your chair, pumping your fists in the air.

"Yes, you are! Now get out there and own that performance! Snacks on me afterwards!" A-Chan gave you a thumbs up as she walked out of the room, an admittedly cute and dorky grin spread across her face as she did so.

"I am a star," You whispered to yourself, rubbing your fingertips together.

The door slammed open again, making you jump slightly. You also totally didn't scream at all.

"I forgot to give you something!" A-Chan hurried toward you, but it didn't seem like she had anything in her hands to give you.

To say it caught you off guard when she leaned in and gave you a quick peck on the cheek would be an understatement. Your face felt like it was on fire, and you could only watch with an open mouth as A-Chan shuffled out of the room again, like she herself wasn't sure of what she had just done.

At least it kept your mind off your performance anxiety, so that was a positive.