|| 112 || More Than Just A "Friend" 🌽 O/X

micon40124147 on Twitter (I believe, may be wrong)

!Yandere!Shirakami Fubuki x !Gender Neutral!Reader

Requested by user928051653353

Yandere warning! (Mentions of gore and creepy undertones. Please proceed with caution if you are sensitive to this stuff. I think it should go without saying that you should never condone actions like this.)

Also, fair warning, some of the next few chapters are gonna be yandere (probably not the next chapter, but after that one there will be a few yanderes).

And as a note, I like to imagine Fubuki as a kitsune rather than a fox (I thank Hololive Alternative for that).

(I got a little lazy with this chapter, but it's been rattling around in my drafts for so long I've started to feel bad for not writing it).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To be honest, she wasn't entirely sure where her obsession had started. Fubuki pursed her lips, breathing into her gloved hands to keep them warm. The fog wisped through her fingers, disappearing quickly into the cold morning air. Yes, she wasn't sure where or how it started, but all she knew was that it was there, and it was getting dangerous.

But trying to curb her feral instincts was about as easy as trying to herd a group of cats. Her feelings were screaming and yowling at her all while running in seven different directions as she tried to wrangle them into a single, coherent thought.

Meanwhile, no one knew of the types of thoughts that whirred in her head. Fubuki easily hid carefully veiled threats behind her usual shy or cheery mannerisms and everyone was none the wiser.

That included you, the object of her affections and obsessions.

"Fubu-chan! I didn't expect to see you here!" The kitsune tilted her head upwards to see two people walking toward her at a casual pace.

She merely glossed over the first person. It was Mio, her genmate and co-worker whom she saw every day. Kind and gentle Mio, one of the only people Fubuki would feel her gut churn at the thought of hurting.

The second person was you. Perfect you who always walked with a slight swagger and a charming smile who loved to talk about the newest games she could play on stream (which always ended up reminding her of you in one way or another). Perfect you that always asked about her day and sat with her whenever she looked downcast. Perfect you that could perfectly comb your fingers through her fur in a way that painlessly detangled any knots.

Your eyes briefly met, and Fubuki felt her love clawing its way at her throat. It twined around her chest and hurt like roots had taken hold of her heart

"Oh, Mio-chan," Fubuki waved, her tail swaying back and forth, "(Y/N)-san," Fubuki felt her blush spreading to her ear tips, the pink in her ears turning a red colour. You briefly turned your attention away from the warm snack in your hands to smile at her, and Fubuki felt like she'd inhaled stardust. She couldn't help the feeling! It just happened whenever you looked at her.

"I didn't think we'd see you here! I thought you said you were heading to the other side of town to grab a burger before meeting us at the library in..." Mio paused and checked the watch on her phone, "roughly half an hour".

Shit, she'd been caught.

Truthfully, Fubuki had been skulking around this side of town in hopes of catching a glimpse of you. She kinda forgot that Mio had decided to accompany you, far too concerned with staring at you during that conversation to pay attention to anything else.